“Worst place in india i have ever stayed”

Evershine Guest House
Ranked #35 of 68 Specialty Lodging in Anjuna
Navi Mumbai, India
“Worst place in india i have ever stayed”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews,location,rate.
I dont know who gave other reviews on tripadvisor i had an oposite experience.
Rooms are not clean basic amenities are missing like towel,bedshit,etc you need to ask for it (I belive it should be default provided) Owner is not friendly. Every time i used to talk with her i got a feeling i am doing mistake.
Rooms are not clean. With couple its not the place to stay.
Washroom has no proper window.

Room Tip: Its not a value for money guest house you can get food guest house in this price near by.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nilesh p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lyon, France
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This guesthouse is just PERFECT! We've past 2 months in India, and did a lot of hotel and also guesthouse... We had to stay just a few days in Goa, but we spent so a good time in this guesthouse, so we decided to stay until the ending of our trip in India! The Staff is helpfull and REALLY nice... The place is just amazing: nice room and CLEAN, peacefull, closed to the beach,... Around you can found all what you need... We really appreciated this guesthouse, and especially the hospitality of the owner... THX a LOT!!! We will be back!

Room Tip: We try each type of room... They are all nice, but after it depends wich kind of comfort do you wan...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sofinoums
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I spent a week at Evershine at the start of December and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay on my first trip to India. Sebastiana is a wonderful host, very friendly, and attentive to your needs. The rooms are simple and the mattresses, while firm, provided surprisingly good sleeps.

Sebastiana gets an excellent level of guests at Evershine, everyone I met there was friendly and nice and there were lots of folks to hang out with during the days and into the evenings.

Room Tip: The premium, private rooms at the back of the property are a bit quieter as they don't get foot...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This was my first trip travelling on my own and Evershine was the first place I stayed. I cant recommend it highly enough for travellers on their own, its a great place to meet other people, I met a lot of other people also travelling solo. Sebastiana the owner was very friendly and helpful. The accomodation is simple and good value, not for those wanting luxury, but when your paying less than £5 a night, what do people expect?!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed at Evershine for 5 days, and the overall experience was for me 'typical india' - in a good way. It is not luxury so don't come if your after that, but come if your after simple rooms with good location and a super friendly atmosphere. I had arranged to come a day earlier, and it turned out a driver was not arranged to come get me. After I made a phonecall, (lucky they sell simcards at the airport) a driver already waiting at the airport associated with the hostel came and took me to Evershine.

It was a little confusing but sorted out promptly. The room was waiting for me when I got there. However, after three days another girl had booked in for the dorm rooms but was moved into mine to save her the uncomfortableness of being with mostly males. I saved half of my fees this way which was great, but for anyone who is asked to share rooms and is not comfortable with it, my advice is just say no and you will not have any hard feelings from the owner - she is easygoing

The sheets don't get changed and bathroom not cleaned but you are able to ask for this to be done. You wont get service unless you ask and when you ask you get it done well!

Be prepared for people hanging around outside your door, which is a fantastic way to get to know people by the hammocks and spend the nights hanging out. Any loud groups that are up past 12am get told to go to bed, so don't worry about being completely disrupted.

Overall I had a fantastic time and was really pleased with everything.

Lyon, France
Reviewed December 14, 2011

after six weeks travelling in india, we wanted to spend a few days in a place to relax with sea and sun and found this hotel on hostelworld.
great surprise, it is the best place we found all over india and stay 10 days.
excellent location, 10 minutes by walk to the beach, you can trek, rent a bike or scooter, 2 supermarkets closed to the guest-house, lot of cheap restaurant.
staff was really friendly and can help you for everything.
we definitly enjoy, and finish our trip in india with good felling

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2011

i booked Evershine though hostelworld, based on its previous reviews, its didn't disappoint! i met some fantastic people while travelling though that hostel, some of whom loved it so much they were on their second stay there!! testament to how great they are!

room was clean, and well equipped. tv, shower and toilet in the private room.

not a party hostel, but so close to the action, you don't need that! quiet at night, and only a stones throw away from the beach.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo