“yet another grt stay..”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Anjuna
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“yet another grt stay..”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Not my first time around at the Banyan Soul, THE place in Anjuna for peace and calm.
Every time i visit and leave this place, it makes me want to come back for more.
It not just provides all bare essentials required in a hotel (not too commonly found around Anjuna), the staff and owner Sumit add to the experience of the stay, giving it a very relaxed and easy going feel. So if you're looking to kick back, not have a fuss and refresh yourself in Goa,
do get an experience of the place and its near perfect surroundings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank schmek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Overton, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have just stayed three nights at the Banyan Soul Anjuna, the hotel is conveniently placed for easily accessing all that Anjuna has to offer, beaches, market, and shacks/restaurants, an added bonus two minutes walk is the famous german bakery.

On check in, Sumit, the owner of the hotel was there to great me, and gave good advise about the area, and the hotel. The room was more than adequate for a few nights stay, and represents good value for the price per night paid. The room was cleaned well, and had all the usual additions expected in a hotel.ie fresh natural soaps, bottled water, and towels, which were replaced whenever I asked them to.

The staff were always on hand to fill any room service requests I made, and the menu, while limeted and basic, was delivered quickly, and again, the price paid represented good value for money.
I loved the out side library area, perfect for relaxing under the shade of the huge bayan tree, and a good selection of eclectic books(left by previous guests) was ideal, as I had run out of my own supply.

Overall, if your looking for a good hotel in the Anjuna area, then I would recommend you take a look at the Banyan Soul, which represents very good value, Sumit and his staff are very help full, and always there with a smile and advise, should it be needed.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on the front of the hotel, as they get more sun, if you like sunshine
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
goffs oak
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Hi, let me start by saying that after reading the reviews of others regarding this property, I really wonder wether they were staying at the same place as us, or wether they just have extremely low expectations.

We booked through Agodor or Venere and paid £24 P/N, staying 2 nights, as we couldn't have seven nights at "Spazio Holiday Resort", nice hotel!

Banyan soul, is along a ditry lane, about 2.5M wide, with S,Z and U bends all the way along, it is then approached via a dirt track, about 1.5M wide, with pot holes you could disappear down.

The rooms were as basic as you could get, dirty (see photos), 2 cothes hangers in the small wardrobe, curtains held together by pegs because they just cover the patio door entry. The bathroom aluminium louvre windows were filthy, wouldnt close allowing free access for mossies. The bathroom door was filthy, (see photo), as was the sides of the bed frame, covered in cobwebs (see photo). The view through the bedroom window had to be seen to be believed, rubbish and filth in a yard area, (see photo).

All in all a totally depressing place to spend your last 2 nights in Goa, or any other time for that matter. Unless you have very low expectations, don't stay at this property, and don't pay more than £10 P/N. We didn't see any westerners when we stayed for 2 nights, the people we did see appeared to be from the Indian continent.

I cannot find one good thing to say about this property, We had no towels in our room on arrival, the room was NOT cleaned, the following day, the bins were overflowing, and nothing had been done in our room. It would appear the place is run by three young men, who seem to spend the day watching TV in their hut. We saw no evidence of any femail cleaner or maid.

Please don't mark me down as a complainer or winger, take a long look at the photos, and make your own mind up based upon hard evidence. There is no bar, restaurant, pool, tea making facilities, we had to ask for the daily bottle of water, as no maid entered our room.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank mikeC23
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Banyan Soul is a great hotel outside the frenetic arjuna beach life. If you want to enjoy some peace and nice enviroment, this is the place to go. Plus the legendary German Bakery is near so you can really relax and have fun. The owner Sumit Yardi is helpfull and a very nice person, but I can not say any good thigs about his staff. when I needed them I always had to search for them around and they showed no will to help me. the last night we had a power outage (at seven o'clock) and nobody did anything - they did not inform us of when is going to be fixed (it happened only to our bungalows), what happened .. nothing. I waited for a while, I search for them ... they where around and did not help us. the room. in the room was around 40 degrees, no window (the small one in the toilet), no way to get any fresh air without opening the front sliding doors. but since no one of the staff was near to ask them about what was going on and when thigns are going to be fixed it was impossible to sleep with the open doors (near the street?). no sleep and no way to get some air for the night, paying 30 eu per night. in the morning I asked them what happened and they gave me no response!!! c'mon I paid 30 eu per night for a room where nothing was working, staff wasn't helping and no one give any explanation or apologize for what happened. and, of course, no money reduction :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kaja S
paris
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We arrived there by night, the view of all the lights in the banyan tree made us feel the great vibe of vacations. The people working there are very nice and helpful, the owner Summit is never far to help you, and have a nice chat. The rooms are very clean, with AC, hot water showers. This basic but very efficient modern style sort of hotel is very refreshing in the Goa scene. We definitly know where we will stay next time we go to Goa. And to have the german bakery next door is a plus of course.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mumsabai75
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend in January and found it to be a good choice (thanks trip advisor). It was clean with nice rooms (elegant and large enough). The employees were very nice to us and helped with directions and local attractions. The food was reasonably priced and very goos. It was a very serene atmosphere and quiet for morning yoga. Location could not be beat. Loved the bakery too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Manish S
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Great Service, clean rooms and quite near Anjuna beach.. there is a great breakfast place called cafe delish down the road! The order-in restaurant (not affiliated to the hotel) is very bad though.. But, my stay in the Banyan Soul was really nice. They even had wifi :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank aparna91
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
Spazio Leisure Resort
Silver Sands Holiday Village
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to The Banyan Soul? Share your experiences!