“Best locAtion with best service”
Review of Alcove Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anjuna
Alcove Resorts
Ranked #7 of 71 Anjuna B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Second visit to the same place and the same feelings. Any one tired of the crowd and noise of calungute and baga, this is the place to be. Not far away from these places this is a hotel blessed with superb location.

After eating at most places in goa I have also realised that this is the best place to eat. Both for vegetarians and non vegetarians.

Easy going staff, great location , great pool, great beach. Visit this and then compare other goa hotels, u will realise the difference.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sivaramanb81

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and the experience was truly magical. Our rooms were facing the the beach so it was nice sitting in the terrace and having a beer with the sound of the waves! Staff is very polite and very efficient. Service is very fast. Best part the food is awesome! Must try prawns in Peri peri sauce.

in short: Great location, great food, great service!

Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: beach facing rooms!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Situated on a cliff side above Little Vagator, the Alcove Resort is a really great place to stay. They have several rooms and cottages to choose from and since it is not a 5-star, it is charming and reasonably priced. Offering stunning views of the Arabian sea through precariously poised cocnut trees, the Alcove is private and unpretentious. Laze in the pool (watch out for the submerged bar stools) or head down to the beach and sunbathe. Revel in baked crabs or goa sausages and wash it down with some chilled Kings beers. If Kings is not available, walk 10-steps out of the gate and the wine shop will have some for sure. Or try Desmondji - you won't believe this drink! If you have spare cash, book the penthouse, it sounds fancy but its not that expensive. Run by the ever smiling Milton and his also ever smiling wife, Alcove is our resort of choice in North Goa. Enough talk - book your tickets now!

Room Tip: Go for the cottages or the penthouse rooms away from the resort gate. Avoid rooms near the kitchen...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2012

i have been to this resort in sep 2012 and stayed for 2nights & 3 days. it is a nice place to stay both with friends and family. the hospitality and the service given by the staff is very good and they make you very comfortable in every aspect.....the rooms are maintained very clean, swimming pool is nice to spend time (with no restrictions on the timings), all the extra service like rent-a-bike, rent-a-car, cab service are available within the resort, food was amazing. has a lovely view of the vagator beach from the resort.

spent really good time. would suggest anyone to choose this place.

Room Tip: beach villas
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2012

we travelled to Goa last year in dec'2011 & sated in this resort. it is really nice lace with very good service level...rooms are clean with resturant has great sea view...it is a small resort but defintely a better place for those who wont to live in peace. the food was excellent..It has asamlle swimming pool too which adds the attraction....love to be there again....

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nitin20
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I visited this resort in the first week of October'12 after booking through contacts provided on their website. All along I had a serious speculation - common to most travellers that what appears on the website (photos, claims, testimonials) would be deceptive, that too in a place like Goa , infested with many so called ' resorts'. All the more I was worried since my family was with me.
All my doubts were rubbished when I entered one of the best resorts in Goa. Yes, it may not be a Hilton or a Taj, but definitely a well maintained, decent place, suited for families. Clean rooms, toilets, surroundings & a well maintained pool was indeed a pleasure. The icing on the cake was their beach view restaurant & the beach beneath, with hardly any crowd, making it an ideal holiday resort. The only grouse we had was the food, which was a downside to this wonderful property. Being South Indian vegetarians, we could not get decent palatable food & some dishes gave out a strong non vegetarian odor. Vegetarians should either carry their own food (as we proactively did) or go out ... there is a good veg restaurant called "Sita" just next to the Anjuna petrol pump, close to this resort. Overall, I would say that this is a place worth visiting. I would definitely like to stay at this resort again when I visit Goa. Thanks to Mr.Milton, Ms.Hazel & Mr.Subhash for the wonderful & memorable stay that we had.

Room Tip: Choose a cottage, they are indeed good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shreenivas S
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have visited this place alongside a lot more hotels/resorts in Goa on several occasions over the past 10-15 years

But the service/behaviour I experienced this time was unexpected and absolutely ridiculous

It all started off with a bunch of us from Bombay making a typical plan for Goa for the end of November, 2012. We shortlisted some hotels, started calling them and enquiring on rates, availability etc. I suggested Alcove (which I now deeply regret) and thus I was given the task of contacting them and enquiring on availability, rates etc. My first call was to Mr Milton, who asked me to get in touch with Mr Subhash who handles bookings. I then called Subhash who asked me the tentative dates for travel etc and then informed me that there was absolutely no availability, but he would check and get back in a day. Fair enough so far. He never called back the next day, so I called him the day after and he still maintained there was no availability. I said I will call back in a few days and did so in 3 to 4 days only to hear once again that there is no availability at all. I passed the message across to my friends who were quite surprised to hear of this as all other hotels/resorts had availability for that period, especially as it was still 2 months away. So the next day, a friend of mine called them and asked. Surprisingly, Mr Subhash, who had been denying availability of even 1 single room until yesterday instantly agreed that there was plenty room, no problem. He even asked my friend to send an official email, which she did. And back came the reply saying there was plenty room available and a request for a deposit of INR 5,000 to be made to confirm our booking. Now this was really shocking. I still gave them the benifit of doubt and called Subhash back again. And what did he say? Hehe. " No availability sir ". Now what the hell was going on here. What had I done ? I even thought to myself " Had we misbehaved the last time round or something ". Let me add here that we don't drink, smoke or party until late, so I guess there was nothing we had done wrong. Called Milton back and told him all that had happened and he said he would enquire into it and requested I speak with Subhash and clear it. Called Subhash and he bluntly refused he had offered my friend the room. Of course there was a long silence from his side after I told him that I had a forward of his email confirming availability. Called Milton the next day and I'm guessing he was pissed drunk. He was hurling abuses (all those you can imagine) and while I could have given him back all that and more, I made a choice to keep calm and not get myself to his level.

VERY VERY UNPROFESSIONAL OF SUBHASH

AND

SHAME ON MILTON FOR THE BEHAVIOUR, THE ABUSIVE LANGUAGE AND THE FACT THAT HE WAS DRUNK DURING THE DAY AND STILL ANSWERING CALLS FROM POTENTIAL CLIENTS

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
14  Thank ZulfikarRKhan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
Spazio Leisure Resort
Villa Anjuna
Villa Anjuna
#5 of 16 in Anjuna
Acron Waterfront Resort

Been to Alcove Resorts? Share your experiences!