“Why is this well reviewed?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mentone
Mountain Laurel Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 5 Mentone B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Sorry guys. I do NOT see what the hype is here. Yes, breakfast is good. It is quiet and off the beaten path...But that is where any enjoyment ends. The room was disheveled at best (broken decorations, dirty top sheet, naked hanging light in the middle of the room), certainly small and had a no curtains (despite the spot light out side the room). The "friendly dog" was more of a menace than anything. I like being in the country, but I would rather have camped than spent the money on this one.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brentfeesh
Mentonebnb, Owner at Mountain Laurel Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2010

Please know that I am disappointed that I did not meet your expectations for your stay and wish we could have resolved them while you were here. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and you will be pleased to know that I have tended to them. It is my intention for all to have a comfortable and relaxing stay. I am sorry that I missed this opportunity.
Sincerely, Sarah

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Had the best time staying with Sarah and Sammie. Cozy, and very comfortable. Breakfast was delightful both mornings we were there. Love it!
We'll be back!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ironcutter70
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I must say I truthfully had a wonderful stay for my first time at a B & B. Sarah made us feel right at home or might I say grandmothers house. It was so nice to have not just your boring bacon and egg b'fast but probaly some of the best french toast, biscuts, b'fast casserols, homemade jams that I have ever had. I was in heaven. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable. The walk to the falls was spectacular. My fiance I came to get married at Mountain Laurel Inn and we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We truly enjoyed our belated Valentine's Day get-away at the Mountain Laurel Inn B&B. Sarah Wilcox was a delightful and welcoming host, and we loved our two-night visit. Her breakfasts were spectacular and made any plans for lunch unnecessary, and the room we stayed in was charming, clean, and had this great porch looking into the woods. I was expecting deer to walk by at any moment!

This is a great place to get away from the big city, do some magnificent hiking in nearby State and National Parks (who knew North Alabama was so splendidly beautiful) and relax. Easy to get to from Atlanta, we will definitely be back - with our friends !

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Mountain Laurel Inn as Mentome was about halfway in a drive to spend Thanksgiving with our daughter in Florida. The bed so comfortable that we both commented on how restful the experience was. Breakfast the next morning was delicious as well as filling...cheese/grits casserole, baked fruit and freshly baked pumpkin bread. After breakfast, we made time for a quick hike on one of their trails. We will definitely return - for a longer stay next time!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We have been to Sarah's Bed and Breakfast several times over the last several years. It has become a home away for home for my family each year. It is in a beautiful location on top of the mountain in Mentone, Al just a short hike in the woods from Desoto Falls. Quaint rooms, beautiful location and best of all, very personable service and the best breakfasts I have encountered in any bed and breakfast. My kids also require that I report on "Lickety Split" who is Sarah's easy going, cookie eating golden retriever. When you first arrive, you check in at the office where there is almost always fresh baked cookies available. The breakfasts are family style each morning and all of the tenants are welcome to take part and the food is always top notch with things such as chipotle eggs, hot fruit mixes, decadent french toast and many more like that. If you are curious, Sarah sells her cookbooks as well on her website. On top of that, Sarah has always gone over and above just what I have mentioned. I have had to miss the breakfasts on occassion much to my dismay and have returned to my room where there were breakfast foods waiting for me. I am from Louisiana and we call that "lagniappe." I highly recommend Sarah's beautiful hideaway for anyone traveling through the Northeast area of Alabama, especially those looking for a nice break from the craziness of everyday life.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Threecees
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Mentone is a little corner of heaven on Lookout Mountain. It is the place to go if you are looking for quiet life in a relaxed atmosphere. If you want the ultimate Mentone Experience, you need to stay at The Mountain Laurel Inn. The rooms are charming and Sarah's breakfasts are to die for. For lunch or dinner, I highly suggest The Wildflower Cafe and Windwood Farms. If you are an antique lover, try The White Elephant and The Crows Nest. Also, DeSoto Falls is a must see if you venture out to Mentone.

Been to Mountain Laurel Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!