“Organic Food in the Mountains!”
Review of Wildflower Cafe

Wildflower Cafe
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Mentone
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Alabama
“Organic Food in the Mountains!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

WOW! This was the first thing that I felt when taking a bite from my lunch! We went there on suggestion from a friend and noticed that it was also the #1 rated restaurant in Mentone, AL on TripAdvisor. I haven't been to this area since a child and had not idea what to expect, except camp! lol The food was amazing! Hubby ordered the tomato pie with bacon and salad. I ordered the spinach quiche with fruit. They were both amazing!! He ate every bite. I was stuffed! :-) Perfect Lunch in the beautiful mountains of Alabama!

TIPS: - They close at 2 pm on Mondays through Wednesdays! They have LIVE Music on Weekends! SO GLAD WE CAME!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Try the Derby Pie!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

After a disappointing dinner at another venue, we came to the Wildflower in search of dessert. We both ordered a hot tea and a slice of Derby Pie. The pie was fantastic! While enjoying our tea and pie we were serenaded by Larry Joe Hall who is a cross between Neil Diamond and Cat Stevens. He played a lot of songs we knew and was very personable Our waitress was very cheery and checked on us several times, but we felt no rush to leave. If we ever get back to Mentone we will visit this place again!

Huntsville, Alabama
“Average at Best”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Looked forward to eating at this place after all the great reviews. Arrived on a Saturday afternoon around 2:00 Pm and waited 45 minutes for table. Once at table spend another 15 minutes waiting for service. Sweet potatoes biscuits were great but my wife order soup of the say Curry Chicken that arrived cold and tasted like water. Waited another 5 minutes until waitress threw in microwave to hear up. I had the chicken wrap, nothing spectacular. Heard the deserts were good but has enough disappointment decided to cut my losses.

2 Thank JohnK4650
Montgomery, Alabama
“Perfect Out of the Ordinary”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was such a wonderful stop on our day trip to Little River Falls. Such a unique little place- don't change! We had the tomato pie for an appetizer and it was wonderful! Also had the grilled chicken wrap and BLT-also great choices! The girl singing and playing guitar was great. The little country store was neat and I purchased some essential oils to use in my homemade laundry detergent. We will definitely be back soon I hope!

1 Thank Amy H
Morton
“Great atmosphere, great food!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Reservations are recommended. We arrived around 4 or 4:30 pm and crowd was low. Lovely, eclectic decor. Waitress was friendly and helpful. Recommend crab cakes, shrimp and grits, tomato pie, garlic mashed potatoes and homemade blue cheese dressing for salad. Desserts looked fantastic, but we were too full to sample! Great place!