“Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Mentone
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My wife and I have begun planning our winter trip to Menton because of the Love we have for the food, people and aura at the Wildflower cafe.
We have never experienced a group of peoeple that will go so far to make your trip to the Wildflower one that you will not forget and will want to repeat. The food has always been prepared top notch with care and freshness that is not always found in today resturants.
GO, you will not be disapointed.

1  Thank Donald L

Reviewed November 30, 2011

This place appeared like a little oasis on a long trip through rural Alabama. Outside, cold and rainy. Inside, warm and cozy. And the food - perfectly delicious. The French onion soup was the best I've ever eaten - it was obviously homemade down to the thick, crusty slice of bread underneath the melted cheese. And the tomato pie - almost too good to be true.
I don't know what excuse I'll ever have to drive through Mentone, AL again, but I have to find one.

1  Thank Grebnevaagain
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was expecting some form of a reduction sauce on my grilled salmon, it had NO sauce. The au jus sauce served with my wife's tough prime rib was nothing but beef broth. Both meals were served with cold garlic mashed potatoes. Overpriced and over hyped restaurant.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

First time visit on Sunday afternoon road trip. Loved the musician playing mostly James
Taylor, made for nice atmosphere on a lovely sunny afternoon. 20 minute wait for table, but enjoyed looking through the cafe/store at local artisan items for sale. Seated in the enclosed porch area at a lovely little table with mismatched chairs and a lamp on the table, loved that! The waitress recommended one of the specials of the day, burger with guacamole (the best I have ever tasted), provolone cheese, and mixed greens. It was beyond delicious! Waitress said the meat had been ground fresh that morning. Truly enjoyed the meal and atmosphere. Wanted to try one of the homemade desserts, maybe next time!

Reviewed November 6, 2011

I had an outstanding meal at this quaint restaurant in Mentone AL. Chef Ben came and talked to me about the preparation of some of his dishes as well as entertained us with his mandolin playing and singing.