“Yummmmy”
Review of Moonlight Bistro - CLOSED

Moonlight Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Historic 1850's style log cabin. Enjoy fresh off the pier seafood, hand cut steaks & desserts to die for!!
Reviewed May 23, 2013

One of the best meals I have had in a long time. Excellent filet and the fried Oreo dessert says it all!!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We came across this little log cabin restaurant on the main street of tiny Mentone, AL & decided to give it a try. I ordered the chicken salad sandwich with fruit and my husband chose a Reuben with fries. My sandwich was delicious, with chunks of fruit & scallions on toasted wheatberry bread. My husband liked, but did not love, the Reuben. Soft drinks were served in Mason jars & we ate on the rustic front porch to enjoy the small town atmosphere. Unfortunately, the peace & quiet was frequently disturbed by large trucks using this small town's main street as a short cut. In spite of that, we enjoyed sitting outdoors. Our server was very friendly & efficient and we had our food within 10 minutes. We will definitely eat here again the next time we visit Mentone!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We arrived 30 min. before closing, but the service was friendly and relaxing. I enjoyed the cozy wooden booth and warm atmosphere. Our food was very good, and I never felt rushed. All in all, a lovely evening.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Drove up to just eat here on Saturday afternoon, and there was only one other group there. The fried green tomatoes were out of this world! Best I've ever had, and I'm a good Southern girl! I had the shrimp scampi which I loved, and the roll was soo good. My husband had the surf and turf and he said the steak was perfect. He likes well done and it was perfectly cooked done, but not shoe leather. The waitress was very nice and helpful. We will return!

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Ate here twice this weekend. Once, our first night due to proximity and operating hours. Got in late, arrived a half hour before closing, but felt welcomed nonetheless and enjoyed an awesome spin on traditional fried green tomatoes. Second time, came after waiting for Christmas just to get a seat at the Wildflower. Should have come here first. The food was consistent, as well as the service. Whoever was on the grill that night hooked me up with a proper medium well steak well worth the price. We'll definitely be going back.