“Cold Hole 2014”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 49
Description: Jesse's is a unique and eclectic dining experience located in the quaint village of Magnolia Springs. Our main dining room is located where the Post office was housed in the late 1800's. Jesse's..."The Steakhouse Destination" for our guest who appreciate dry and wet aged steaks, fresh local seafood and signature entrees from our Executive Chef Rebecca Jordan. Jesse's has an extensive wine menu with over 100 different wines to choose from and signature cocktails. The new owners, Steve and Angie Coltharp, have worked with their Chef to ensure every item is not only made in house, but is of the highest quality ingredients. Jesse's has been listed by several periodicals: Southern Living, Coastal Living, Mobile Bay Monthly, and most recently Coastal Alabama. Jesse's is casual fine dining at it's best and we are kid friendly. Located 20 minutes from Fairhope, Gulf Shores, Orange Beach just off of highway 98 and highway 49. Reservations suggested.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was absolutely one of the best meals ever eaten in Alabama! The steaks were fabulous and the fish was out of this world. The wait staff was very attentive to our needs and made our evening.

Highly recommend the Wedge Salad - not your typical and whatever the fresh fish of the day is get it! If the Hog Snapper is available (which is rare on a menu) - one of the best tasting fish I've ever eaten. Splurge on the dry aged steaks so worth it.

Appreciated the owner coming out and speaking to us - We will be back!

There are newer reviews for Jesse's Restaurant

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have always loved Jesse's whiskey steaks. It is one of the 100 foods you should try in Alabama before you die after all. I went off course and ordered venison, a new addition to the menu. It was wrapped in bacon and wonderful! It did not have the gamey taste that some venison has. I would order it again! The green beans were a little too crispy for me but others at the table liked them that way. The garlic mashed potatoes were creamy with small pieces of garlic and potato. For dessert, I had the chocolate lava cake. It was gluten free which was a plus for my sister-in-law. The cake was topped with vanilla ice cream and raspberries. Holy yum! Jesse's is always great and perfect for any reason.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Living in Foley, Alabama, we are surrounded by hundreds of eating places from the Eastern Shore to the Beach. Out of the traffic and in a place out of the past is a small but wonderful place off of Highway 98 in Magnolia Springs. Jessie's is a wonderful spot for a romantic evening out, or a family dinner get away.
Reserved a table for my wife and I for her Birthday. The staff, as always, was wonderful. We both had the Whiskey Steaks for our dinner. The steaks are cooked exactly as ordered and are so tender and delicious. Fried Green Tomatoes, fresh salad, a great dessert along with a wonderful steak is all you need.
There are several rooms and seating outside, but I recommend the glassed in porch with a great view of the surrounding landscape.

We have been there on a couple of occasions and will continue to frequent Jessie's.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Jesse's is actually two eateries in one...Jesse's on one side which is a bit more upscale with white table cloths etc and The Cold Hole on the other side which has the exact same menu, but with a bar, TVs and a country store kind of feel(which is what that part of the historic building used to be). We were a party of 2 couples and enjoyed an excellent meal of dry-aged steaks, fresh red grouper and raw, fresh Apalachicola oysters that were the best I have ever had. Well worth the drive to get to Magnolia Springs if you're visiting the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay or enjoying the beaches at Gulf Shores. Very pleasant evening. Nice al fresco dining available also.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant itself is really neat and quaint and is in a nice location. The food was excellent also. My only complaint was the hostess. We asked to sit outside and she seemed unwilling to accommodate us, even though there was plenty of seating and several other outside diners.

Been to Jesse's Restaurant? Share your experiences!