“We love the beer selection and outdoor area!”
Review of Stem and Stein

Stem and Stein
Ranked #88 of 188 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We love the craft beer selection, and the new outdoor area for socializing. We wish that the menu and indoor area might expand a little. It is usually so crowded that there are few places to sit, in the evenings. What food offerings there are, we enjoy as tapas and share with friends. Beer selection is fantastic!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stem and Stein is a wonderful refuge after a long day...welcoming staff, friendly customers, and a great selection of wine and beer. The menu is a light fare and is especiIis a regular stop for us.t ally suited for the venue. Great customer service from attentive bartenders and servers.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stem and Stein was like going to a well stocked friends house for a glass of wine or a great beer. The evenings entertainment was not to loud and his music was amazing. Our waitress was amazingly professional, helpful and attentive. Great wines and what a selection. Nice place to make a regular stop off.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place surprised me. The customer service is top notch. These ladies who work here truly enjoy delivering service and making happy customers. You can tell, this isnt fake. Service with a real smile, real happiness, and real effort. They tend to alot of other customers but they will never forget about you. Beer on tap that you can sample to help decide what you will have for the evening. Almost any bottled beer you can think of available. A very well designed menu catagorizing each beer genre, ALV, and price. The food is awesome. The buffalo wings were spectacular. Very meaty wings, although not crispy at all, very tender and juicy with tons of sauce. Delicious. The Stein sandwich is simple packing a large flavor punch. This was my first time here and they did a great job delivering a stellar first impresssion. Thank you Stem & Stein.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family of 5 walked in to enjoy lunch on a Saturday afternoon. It was empty. Two people were behind the bar. A woman looked up but said nothing. I then said "hello do we seat ourselves?". She said yes. No smile and barely looking my direction. It was as if we were interrupting her cleaning time. We started to sit down but it was pretty obvious the service wasn't going to get any better. We left. As a business owner in Madison myself, I was very disappointed. If she was having a bad day I hope her day gets better!

Been to Stem and Stein? Share your experiences!