“Nice Hotel but needs some help in maintenance”

Wyndham Garden Huntsville Airport
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights while on a business trip in the area. The location is a real plus as it is on the main drag and has close access to the highway. The lobby is very nice and the public areas all seem to be kept up to date. The rooms are dated and the sleep number beds are nothing to really write home about. Each room has a wall mounted A/C- heater unit. The unit is noisy and continually cycles while it is turned on. I finally turned it off in the middle of the night to get some sleep. The bathrooms are average as was the furniture in the room. There are CRT Picture tube TVs in the rooms. No flat screens other than in the lobby and other public areas. The staff really makes this place delightful. There was no task too big or small that they would not do for you. I was meeting some friends for dinner and the front desk staff helped me figure out the best way to get there. Always a smile on their face and a great disposition. The buffet breakfast is really great with quite a selection of hot and cold foods to get your day going. Much better than a traditional continental breakfast. I would say here again - They just need to do a bit more to the rooms (replace the TVs?)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Jeff B, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Huntsville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Thank you for comments related to your stay. You are right, we have some issues that need to be address and your feedback has been very helpful. The great news is, that we our in the beginning stages of a complete transformation. Come June, you will not recognize the Radisson Huntsville Airport. We will have a new look, product and improved service. I do apologize that we fell short of your expectations. Please contact me directly when you are in town next time and I will ensure that you have a nice stay. My direct line is 256-258-2620. Jeff Briner - General Manager.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

The elevator was broken and we were on the second floor. The rooms were large but arranged strangely. The sitting area was separated from the bedroom down a hallway. The bed was comfortable and the balcony really nice.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank slbmcp

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your experience was not a positive one.
We are in the beginning stages of a full renovation. Every area of the hotel, internally,
we be replaced with new product. You won't recognize the hotel as the same hotel come June.
I hope you give us another opportunity, because I feel you will be very impressed with the transformation. Thank you.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

They thought the sleep number beds would be the big save but its tough to overlook dated towels, unclean rooms (hair in bathroom and blood too) and a tough to navigate hotel. Too large to be a rambler with poor signage.
People at front desk incredibly nice. Soaps good. Bfast good. The "swingers" party on Saturday and spent condom in parking lot Sunday morning I had to step around with my kids? Not so good. We stayed here under recommendation of Decatur visitors bureau. They will have more visitors if they actually stay in these hotels and screen them first.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Dana3putt

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
The great news is that a major renovation has started and will be completed in June.
The guests that have seen our model room, love it. I hope you have the opportunity
to stay with us in the near future to experience our new hotel.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed October 28 for one night. This is the second time staying here for a cheer competition. The location is ideal but the property needs a makeover. Our room was dark and dreary. I could see dust on the carpet. The toilet ran at times. Bulbs were out in two lamps. Wireless internet was very slow. Breakfast was OK. The place was practically empty on a Friday night, which tells you something. If we return for any future events, I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gatdaddy3

Thank you for your feedback. A major " overhaul " is in progress as of last month. The hotel will be completely renovated, from the rooms and hallways, restaurant, lounge, business center, fitness center, lobby, sundry shop, front desk and meeting rooms. The renovation will be completed in June and I hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectation last time. Feel free to give me a call directly and I will ensure a much better experience than the last. Thank you. Jeff Briner - General Manager.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Overall the hotel was as good as my prior reviews. I do believe that the breakfast should be served with regular plates & silverware instead of the paper/plastic items they are currently using. It seemed to bring the quality of the breakfast and hotel down a notch. We also did not like the one cup coffee makers in the room. Please go back to the regular pots, plates, silverware etc. My husband is a big coffee drinker so we had to run down to the breakfast area in order to get a decent cup of coffee for him. Other than those items I still recommend this hotel and will continue to stay there as long as we are visiting the Madison area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank WarmthSeekerChicago
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel is ok for a night or two. But, when you have to stay two weeks it makes a big difference. The cleaning staff needs to take some time and really clean these rooms. The rooms are dark and smell musty, moldy, and mil-dewy, I kept my A/C on 61 degrees to avoid the smell as much as possible. There is blue carpet in the rooms, so you can see the dust on the floor where the floor and baseboards joins. In the bathroom above the shower head was mold and water damage on the celing . The toilet took 15-30 mintues to fiill back up. In my co-workers rooms, they had the same complaints and then some, mildew around the tub, pillows that smelled bad, etc. If you are a shorter person, you will have trouble using the in-room safe, it is located on the top shelf in the closet area. The lounge area had a lot to be desired, the lady that has been working there for twenty years, needs to go ahead and retire. It seem to be to much for her to serve us with the p*** warm beer from the cooler. She did deliver one beer to the table, but if you want more don't expect her to come and ask you, you better take yourself right on up to the bar and ask for another one. The breakfast was good, the same items were served everyday, powered scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. potaotes and grits. Cold cereal, fresh fruits, bagels, toast, muffins. the staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful. This hotel still has smoking rooms which linger through out the hallways. I didn't use the pool or jacuzzi, but it look clean and the pool was a bigger than what you normally find at a hotel.

Room Tip: They need a good cleaning
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank pricetyh
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights (Wed - Sun) for Soccer Regiona'ls. There is no elevator so ask for a 1st floor room. We had a 2nd floor room so everything had to be lugged upstairs.

Room was adequate and so was the bathroom. The maid never came to our room on Friday - we were gone the whole day. I went down to the front desk at 5pm to ask for towels. They said they would be sent up, which they weren't. At 10pm went down again and asked the same worker and got them.

The maid came the next day and cleaned but left dirty coffee cups in the room. On Sunday morning (check out day) she bangs on the door at 8:15am and wants to know when will we be out.. My response - bu check-out time, noon.

Breakfast was included with our rate, which was fine if you wanted scraps. The items were never restocked and ended up going and buying breakfast food at a grocery store.

Internet was horrible. I would look to stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor - there are no elevators
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank flagler2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel
Value Place Huntsville Madison
Madison Inn and Suites
Madison Inn and Suites
#13 of 13 in Madison

Been to Wyndham Garden Huntsville Airport? Share your experiences!