“Convenient to airport with park and fly”

Hampton Inn Madison
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Tennessee
“Convenient to airport with park and fly”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a Thursday, the 19th of July and left our car here because they have a park and fly program. We returned very late on Saturday evening the 28th. Our car was fine and they did not charge anything for us keeping it there. We called the hotel on the 28th around 11:45pm from the airport and the shuttle came to get us. The guy driving the van did not even get out to get our luggage and when we got back to the hotel from the airport he did not get out to help us with our luggage. He listened to loud music turning stations the whole way and seem to try and act like we were not there. This was really bad. We were very tired from our flights. I do not know his name but I do believe that he should be talked to by managment. This was not the way to treat a guest. This was the only really bad thing that happened. The only other thing is they are redoing the building so there might be some noise but it did not bother us either night. When we arrived back on the 28th we were very tired and hungry. The lady at the desk was exceptional. She checked us in fast and offered for the guy that drove the van to take us to any restaurant and he would return to get us. I did not want to use this guy again so we declined and I would have told her how awful he was but she was so very nice I did not have the heart. Anyway, she went in the back and came back with chips, peanut butter crackers, water, milk, bowls, spoons, cereal,and fruit to take to our room. How many places would have went to that much trouble. Thank you. The next morning we ate breakfast here but we had slept late and the time was almost up for breakfast but again the ladies that were doing breakfast had just started putting things up and stopped and put it back out and even asked if they could fix our waffles for us. Now how many people would have put that stuff back out for anyone. These ladies were so very nice. Our room was clean and quiet. It was in a newer wing. We used the pool on both days and it was clean and no one else was using it. Remember the park and fly and the convenience to the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Madison, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us in Madison. We appreciate such kind words and are glad you were able to take advantage of our Park and Fly service. We take pride in our guests having the best experience possible and we are always eager to go above and beyond expectations. The issue you encountered with the shuttle driver has been addressed with our service provider and we now have a new driver assigned to our property. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will not hold this individual’s impression against our property. We would really love to have you back the next time you are in the area and look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed here two nights July 29 & 30 2012. Booked room online. They are in process of revovations & it is a real mess & a major inconvenience. Worst of all is the NOISE!!!! Don't be stupid like me & ignore the reviews....... NOT A PLEASURABLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Kim S, Manager at Hampton Inn Madison, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback reguarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Madison. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

I sincerely apologize that the noise from our renovations disrupted your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is our number one concern and we strive to provide a pleasant and relaxing experience for all. The renovations will soon be coming to an end and we are excited about the finished product.

I do hope that the next time you are in the area, you will consider staying at our property again and seeing the improvements we have made.

Once again, please accept my cercern apologies and I do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kim Stone
Atlanta
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Just a short drive from Huntsville International Airport, the hotel provides quick access for travelers. There are several restaurants within a mile or so drive on Highway 20 but none that are within a short walk. Internet service is free but room access is wired connection only. The Wi Fi worked only in the lobby and common areas. Last name and room number are required to connect. While the rooms have been renovated, plug space is limited. The desk lamp included one available plug and I found an open plug in a wall outlet near the desk. But bedside, I found only one available plug and that was inconveniently on the side opposite the clock radio and phone. The room included a 32” or so flat screen TV with a good channel selection and several channels in HD. Nothing fancy about the bathroom but overall the room was quiet as there was no noise from either the nearby highway or airport to be heard. And the room included both a microwave and refrigerator. The employee who worked at the breakfast area was friendly and efficient. I didn’t get her name but I saw her speaking with several guests (mostly business travelers on the weeknight I stayed there) and she also made sure that everything was stocked appropriately. The lack of in-room Wi Fi is a minus, but for a night’s stay, the property was clean and quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank H0lidayr0ad
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Stayed here recently on a Friday night and was very pleased. Quick check-in, quiet, huge room (two queens in a room the size of two normal Hampton rooms). Shower in separate room from bathroom sink. Must have been recently renovated because it seemed brand new. It was toward the "back" of the building in what seemed to be an addition onto the original building. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bama001
Houston, TX
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have stayed here three times. The beds are very comfortable and the facilities are in very good shape, comfortable and well maintained. They were doing some main entrance work in November 2011; I did not hear any construction noise. They told me they plan to replace the hallway carpet next. No matter what the request the staff is very responsive. Hotel is close to all the local restaurants and the airport; again there was NO noise. To get the AC to work took a call to the desk; you must set it to AC or heat on the unit and use the wireless system. Overall a 4.5 out of 5 and I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dashecky123
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This hotel is nice but the original section needs a make over. The beds are very comfortable. The area is great. It close to all the local restaurants, local event plus the airport.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank slbmcp
ATL
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Could have been an off day but, when I drew back the covers to go to bed at night...I discovered a blood stain right in the center of the sheet. This means either they do not change the linens or the housekeeping staff is visually impaired. After I brought it to the attention of the desk the next morning, they did replace the linens in the room and left a nice note...but still a little scary. There were also dirty water stains on the bathroom floor. As I said, it could be just one bad day...but their are other places to stay in town and why risk it.

One other odd point, they start their "housekeeping" door knocking around 8:30 which is a little early.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank LDMAtl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport Madison
Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Huntsville-Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Madison? Share your experiences!