“The only winery in Madison City AL”
Review of Mad County Winery

Mad County Winery
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Madison
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed July 8, 2015

I like wine and enjoy wine tastings. An internet seach revealed this place is the closest winery to my home and it appears to be the only winery around. I've been on a few occassions now, usually to buy mason jars of fruit wine as gifts for friends and family. I recommend it for that purpose, the wine itself is extraordinarily sweet and probably not a good table wine. I'm no wine expert but I know what I like, I'm not a big fan of the wines here. I will say that they put on a good show when you come by for tasting, the founder is a personable sort whom you can spend the better part of a day with. The tasting room is way too small. To the traveler, stop in and try the local wine; to the local, stop in and try this stuff to help support a local business.

1  Thank kkibby43

Reviewed June 30, 2015 via mobile

The story with the taste testing was fantastic. Will have to visit again. Wine is great and recommend the watermelon.

1  Thank Clarkdale
Reviewed April 21, 2015 via mobile

Cotton is a fabulous character! We take all out of town visitors here. It's not a normal wine tasting. It's better!
It's not a bar but he has best priced shots in town.
Enjoy the wine, the rum, the stories and the experience. Just be sure to bring your ID or you will stay the designated driver instead of being a wine head.

3  Thank Llcbarrett
Reviewed January 29, 2015

I can promise you this winery won't be what you are expecting, but you will have a great time! I haven't laughed so much in a long time. The samples were good and the stories were even better!

2  Thank MarthaFromAlabama