“great place to stay”

Value Place Huntsville Madison
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I moved in here because I will be returning back north soon and did not want to sign another year lease at my apartment. Because of certain things I have been here for six months and will probably be here another two months. I have stayed in other long term hotels in the past but I wanted you to know this place is the best. Very clean, very quiet, good security. But what really impresses me is the friendliness of the staff. Whenever you pass them in the hall they are always staying Good Morning (or whatever depending on the time of day) and asking if we need anything. The manager who I believe is Bill is always very pleasant and helpful. I have stayed at some expensive hotels in NYC but this place is definitely the cleanest I have even stayed in. Of course with the hotels in NYC you walk out the door and step on to Times Square!. Seriously though, when I asked Bill if there was a problem with me staying a couple more months he said no problem whatsoever and again, as they all do, asked if there was anything he could do to make my stay more pleasant. As I told him, there isn't. Your company has a great place here and I would and will recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you need a clean, safe place to stay at a good price, this is it. Oh, and no micro-fridge, full...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jim C
Bill M, General Manager at Value Place Huntsville Madison, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Value Guest
I'm happy you chose to stay with us prior to returning north. I sincerely hope my staff and I have made you feel welcome enough to extend your stay with us for as long as possible.
We here at Value Place in Madison, pride ourselves in making our guests feel as if this is their home away from home.
I appreciate you taking time to fill out the survey and it makes us happy, that we are exceeding any expectations you had.

Thanks,
Bill

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The beds are REALLY HARD and the shower felt like needles coming at you when you took a shower. The carpet made my feet black and we had ants in the bathroom and the kitchen area. We also went to the front desk to ask for more towels so we had one towel for each person that checked in and they said that they can only give two towels out and if we wanted more then we would have to pay the $7 towel service to get more towels. I have stayed at other extended stay hotels and this one is by far the worst one that I have stayed at. I would NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE staying at this hotel. The individual at the front desk said that they were going to refund our stay because of the amount of problems that we have had. It turns out they only gave us back $100.00 and now they are refusing to hold up to what they told us. The manager is not willing to even go half with me on the refund because he said that it was obvious that I really wanted my money back, (I told him that I did not even pay for it, someone else payed for our stay). I told him that's not the point we were told that we were going to be refunded our stay and it was not done. The manager is going out of his way to make up excuses so he does not have to refund the money to us. PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL if you want to have a good stay in Huntsville AL.

Room Tip: do not stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank stacie m
Bill M, Director of Operations - Asquires at Value Place Huntsville Madison, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Stacie,

Thank you for speaking with me in regards to your stay in Madison, AL. I am happy that we were able to connect and come an agreement you were satisfied with. We look forward to your giving us a second oppotuinty to make a first impression. At the Value Place Madison we strive to exceed expectiaons and apologize for any misunderstandings there may have been during your stay.

It was pleasure speaking with you and thank you again for your continued patronage.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family and I have been here at Value Place in Madison Alabama, and the experience has been great thus far.... The rooms are clean and neat, every thing works just fine. Most importantly, all the staff have been a pleasure to do business with... Last but not least, the security is phenomenal... My family feels safe and secure during our transition to another home... Thank you so much for the professionalism and the willingness to make my family feel at home away from home.... The Lamb's

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Bill M, General Manager at Value Place Huntsville Madison, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for Posting your comments regarding your experience at our property. Your comfort and satisfaction is our ultimate goal. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Once again, Thank you and we look forward to having you continue your stay with us!

Have a great day!

Bill Matticola
MCR Development, LLC
MDQ35758@ValuePlace.com
256.325.6300

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've been at the value Place hotel in Madison for three weeks now. I accepted an engineering position in Madison, so I came from out of state. Not knowing the area, I was concerned about cleanliness and safety. This place is fine. No frills, but it's the lowest price around for long stays and its clean and safe. The manager takes no guff from anyone, he's pretty stern, but I like that because I know I won't have to deal with trouble from anyone else.

Room Tip: first and second florrs are no smoking, third and fourth floors are for smoking inside rooms only. N...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment, regarding your experience at our property. Your comments and feed is very much appreciated. I assure you that my staff and I everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Bill Matticola
MCR Development, LLC
MDQ35758@ValuePlace.com
256.325.6300

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many Value Place locations in the past and this is one of the best. I was checked in by the assistant manager who introduced himself and shook my hand. Nice to feel welcomed as a person instead of a room number. Value Place is a great place to stay for the independent traveler who doesn't feel the need to waste money on unused or frivolous amenities. For myself, all I really require is a clean and quiet room to sleep or do paperwork in. This location provides that admirably. It is close to shopping and several restaurants if I feel inclined to dine out. The weekly rate is extremely reasonable. I like the concept they provide of clean well kept basic facilities. You will need to provide your own cooking implements, cookware, and such. These are available for purchase at the front desk or you can purchase what you need locally. I travel extensively and I already possess what I require. I actually prefer this arrangement. I like the idea of using my own items. I know they're clean and well cared for. Overall I am very happy I chose this location and will stay here in the future when the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed: February 2013
Bill M, Manager at Value Place Huntsville Madison, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2015

Let me first apoligize, I sincerely thought I responded to your awesome reveiw of our Hotel. We always do our best to ensure our Guest needs or issues, are handled as promptly as possible.

Thanks, for choosing to stay with Value Place and I look forward to seeing you again!
Bill

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Thus was the worst hotel experience of my life! The manager, Billwas a smart butt andvery arrogant! They advertise a safety attendant on property but my car was broken into. So, horrible job huh? The only person that acted like they cared about the guests were the housekeeper Lisa and the frontdesk girl Angela. I would not recommended this place to my worst enemy!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank johnnystenngirl
Holly F, Director of Hotel Performance and Support at Value Place Huntsville Madison, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

I apologize for your poor experience. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss it with you and do my best to resolve. I have sent you a message containing my cell phone number. Please call me at your convenience.

Holly
Director of Hotel Performance and Support

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I want to thank the staff at the Value Place Hotel in Madison Alabama for the great service during my 4 and half month stay. The staff was always professional and was eager to ensure my stay was pleasant. I have and will continue to recommend people stay.
Thanks.