“Value Place - As advertised”

Value Place Huntsville Madison
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many Value Place locations in the past and this is one of the best. I was checked in by the assistant manager who introduced himself and shook my hand. Nice to feel welcomed as a person instead of a room number. Value Place is a great place to stay for the independent traveler who doesn't feel the need to waste money on unused or frivolous amenities. For myself, all I really require is a clean and quiet room to sleep or do paperwork in. This location provides that admirably. It is close to shopping and several restaurants if I feel inclined to dine out. The weekly rate is extremely reasonable. I like the concept they provide of clean well kept basic facilities. You will need to provide your own cooking implements, cookware, and such. These are available for purchase at the front desk or you can purchase what you need locally. I travel extensively and I already possess what I require. I actually prefer this arrangement. I like the idea of using my own items. I know they're clean and well cared for. Overall I am very happy I chose this location and will stay here in the future when the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed: February 2013
Bill M, Manager at Value Place Huntsville Madison, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2015

Let me first apoligize, I sincerely thought I responded to your awesome reveiw of our Hotel. We always do our best to ensure our Guest needs or issues, are handled as promptly as possible.

Thanks, for choosing to stay with Value Place and I look forward to seeing you again!
Bill

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Thus was the worst hotel experience of my life! The manager, Billwas a smart butt andvery arrogant! They advertise a safety attendant on property but my car was broken into. So, horrible job huh? The only person that acted like they cared about the guests were the housekeeper Lisa and the frontdesk girl Angela. I would not recommended this place to my worst enemy!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank johnnystenngirl
Holly F, Director of Hotel Performance and Support at Value Place Huntsville Madison, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

I apologize for your poor experience. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss it with you and do my best to resolve. I have sent you a message containing my cell phone number. Please call me at your convenience.

Holly
Director of Hotel Performance and Support

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I want to thank the staff at the Value Place Hotel in Madison Alabama for the great service during my 4 and half month stay. The staff was always professional and was eager to ensure my stay was pleasant. I have and will continue to recommend people stay.
Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed on a business trip. The staff there was very courteous. They open doors for guests and offer to carry bags. They make you feel right at home. The room was a nice size and clean but no clothes hangers, iron, dishes, coffee pot, etc. The beds and pillows, not so great...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We are a Husband/Wife Business Team; travel quite extensively in the USA; and remain in some locations for extended periods of time (from 2 weeks to 6 months or more). Traditionally, we have chosen "extended" stays at more pricy hotels (because we trusted them). But let's face it! Times are TOUGH & we've adapted.

Over the course of a little more than 2 months we've worked in this area (Red Stone Arsenal). Initially we stayed in (2) other chain hotels where costs average above $110 per night. When we determined that our business stay would involve longer periods, we began to reconsider our options in order to reduce expenses.

To make a long story short, we visited VALUE PLACE, Madison Blvd. and took a look at the model. OK, we thought. The model is one thing but the REAL thing is more than likely a disappointing other. So, before we signed ANYTHING, we requested to view the actual room to which we'd committed. Honestly, the room we have is actually better than the model - no lie!

CLEANLINESS:
Our room was/is immaculately clean. Belive me, (and my husband can verify this) I'm a clean freak! I checked bedding, stove-top, tub, toilet, carpet, fridge, microwave - you name it - ALL cleared my standards.
NOISE:
We were more than a little concerned as we walked through the hallway to our room, (we overheard TV's, Voices, etc.). But... once in the room - NOTHING! At the other (high-end) hotels, we'd suffered through DAYS of interrupted sleep due to "bad" neighbors, but not here. Don't know what they did here to dampen room-to-room noise but whatever it is, the others should copy.
SLEEP QUALITY:
Not as "luxurious" as the high-ends but have to say we both slept better here than in ANY of the more expensives. MUCH more comfortable than what it appears!
AMMENITIES:
Laundry is clean & affordable; staff is professional & responsive
BOTTOM LINE:
If you're a "pig" and/or someone who requires/expects room service on a daily basis - you'll be disappointed or Kicked-Out. On the other hand, if you're a responsible adult looking for a nice, clean, safe, & affordable place to stay - THIS is your place!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Ridge-n-Sandy
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Late check in is a nightmare. Onsite manager never onsite and a usual wait is an hour or more. Charged my account 3 days before check in date. While there I heard several persons staying there complaining with front desk about same and they are profesionals at putting blame on computer. Carpets are nasty and stained. Overall the worst stay I have ever had at a Value Place. There is another Value Place within 8 miles and I moved there and it was like moving from a 3rd world country to america.
So if you can stay away from this clip joint

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank vbcv47
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I was on a business trip & needed a short term place to stay. I choose the Value Place (Madison,AL) due to the location and the many resturants,walmart and places of every convenience that you often frequent. Just before checkin i called to check availability and rates the Manager that i spoke with was very professional & nice.

I had requested a non-smoking room and she said that she would make the reservation and give me a non-smoking room. Upon checkin the hotel was very clean inside and outside grounds as well. When i opened the door to my room i was very impressed and pleased on how good the room smelled and how clean the room was.

Anytime i needed anything the housekeeping staff have always meet and supplied whatever i needed. The laundry room was always cleaned daily.

I am very pleased with the whole staff here it's was like a home away from home.
I would difinitely stay again and would recommend this Value Place to my friends & family.

Thxs
Value Place (Madison,AL)Staff for making my stay a pleasant one!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business