“Not what it used to be...”
Review of Waffle King - CLOSED

Waffle King
Huntsville, Alabama
“Not what it used to be...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've been patronizing this restaurant for lunch since July 2010, before the closing. Today I had the opportunity to try them under the new ownership, and I caution you not to expect the same experience you may have had in the past.
First, I sat at the counter for about 10 minutes before anyone bothered to acknowledge my presence. After placing the same order I had placed for three years and expecting it to be prepared the same way, I was shocked to learn that they no longer serve brown gravy. Then, to top it all off, what I had always paid less than $6.00 for was now $10.00 plus tax.
I politely declined the meal and, after apologizing to the server for wasting their food, went to leave.
The owner "Brad" followed me outside and accused me of "disrespecting and lying to his staff". I spent about 15 seconds attempting to correct him before realizing that it would serve no useful purpose whatsoever and decided to just leave. He then followed me to my vehicle, told me that I was not welcome to return and stood by my vehicle trying to look imposing until I pulled away.
If this is the kind of dining experience you wish to have, by all means, go to the Royal Waffle King on Madison Blvd and ask for "Brad".

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank smmarkfan

Madison, Alabama
“Newly opened ....Many new treats!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

After closing and re-opening it looks like they've made some nice improvements. Definitely worth the visit for a quick meal for breakfast or lunch. Brad the new owner has offered a new menu cost of the meal includes tax! Big screen TV and more to come which includes 5G WiFi! Wow, come on out and support this great business ...enjoy a good meal with your family while support a nice local business. ❤️❤️❤️

Visited October 2013