“Great Flavor!”

Ranked #24 of 184 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Indian
“Great Flavor!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have been 3 times now and have yet to be disappointed. The chicken tikka masala is our favorite! There are layers and layers of flavor in every dish we've tried - especially the lentil soup! The young man who serves was mentioned in an earlier review as being rude. I disagree, I feel like he is uncomfortable and maybe a little socially awkward - he is a teenager, that's very common. He has come a long way since the first time we went and was very polite and attentive the last time. He is clearly very proud of his talented parents! The young lady that serves is also very charming. A very hard working family! It's also a nice atmosphere and very clean.

Madison is sorely lacking when it comes to decent restaurants, I would love to see our community support one of the few decent places to eat that's locally owned rather than opting to eat marginal food at a chain restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank EatGoodFood1

Madison, Alabama
“Chicken Curry Take Out”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Last weekend we were at the new ice cream shop across the parking lot from Saffron's and decided to get curry chicken take out. I found the food to be on par with other good curry I've had from Indian joints in the past. I can't speak on anything but take out. $12 per entree. It's the furthest Indian restaurant of the 3 we know of so we won't return often but I believe we will indeed return to try the dining in experience.

• Visited July 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“Not a fan of Indian but I liked this place”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I suppose I've had low quality Indian buffets in the past and not liked them. This was different. Food was great with distinctive spices and flavors made to order mild to spicy. Decent service. I plan to go again.

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Worst Mother's Day Lunch Experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We validate other terrible reviews for this restaurant. This restaurant has terrible service as well as the food is not appetizing. We went with our family for Mother's day lunch. The servers were very rude. They were not taking menu orders. The lunch buffet was not tasty and was not up to par. The young server was extremely rude. Instead of having a memorable Mother's Day lunch, we walked out with very bad taste in our mouth. My advise is to save your money and go some where else. We will not visit this restaurant again.

Rakesh Gupta

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank RKG2011
Madison, Alabama
“First experience with Indian food and I'm addicted for life!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I first tried Saffron when it first opened and we have been addicted to it ever since. Now its our weekly sunday brunch. Not really sure where the negative comments are coming from because every single time we go, our servers are always smiling, our plates are always cleared out, and our water glass are always filled. The food is excellent and the variety of vegetarian dishes is outstanding, just come early because a lot of people do come for the lunch buffet and you don't want to get in line and there's no food.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Saffron? Share your experiences!