“In older Wal-Mart Shopping Ctr on Mad. Blvd.”

Guadalajara Jalisco
Ranked #75 of 189 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Typical Mexican restaurant, on the east side of Madison's older Wal-Mart shopping center, on Madison Boulevard.

My wife and I stopped in for lunch about 1:00 on a Saturday afternoon. We were greeted by a friendly and smartly dressed young man, who looked like he might be in junior high school. He seated us with a smile. I commented to my wife about the young man's sharply creased trousers and well-cared-for shoes. Many grown-ups working in the front of restaurants don't look as smart.

A waiter brought us salsa with hot tortilla chips. The salsa was a little hotter than at most places. My wife and I split a Fajita Quesadilla, with steak. She drank Sprite, and I drank Coffee. Everything was very good, especially the steak in the quesadilla. (My wife did pull the jalapeno spices out of the quesadilla, as the guacamole was enough heat for us.)

The bill for this light lunch was $10.04.

The recorded music was a variety of good Mexican music. It seemed a little loud at first, but we adjusted nicely to it, and it did not drown out table conversation.

This restaurant has a lunch buffet Monday thru Friday. And, their website advertises that they have live music from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm, on Wednesday and Thursday evenings.

I like Madison's Casa Blanca restaurants a little better than this, but Guadalajara Jalisco makes for an interesting change once in a while.

For my overall rating, it's closer to a 4 than to a 3, so I give it a 4.

Been to Guadalajara Jalisco? Share your experiences!