“Chicken”

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Madison, Alabama
“Chicken”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Having never heard of Tenders until we arrived in AL, it had been on our minds since first spotting it. After a busy Saturday morning of raking leaves we opted to hit the Tenders drive thru on our way to a leisurely afternoon. From the outside the restaurant doesn't look very flashy and the drive thru menu board is very simple. The staff was friendly and understanding about our slow ordering as it was our first time. I am always pleased when I get service from fast food employees without a hint of attitude, Tenders was truly professional. They forgot to provide us forks for our meals but that was the only issue and since we checked before we pulled out, it was not a big deal. My family of four all ate and drank for $37.94. The food was average at best, I didn't care for my mild wings at all. The tenders were fine as were the fries. Our sodas were small and mostly ice in styrofoarm cups but apart from running out too quickly, they were fine. I prefer other chicken joints to this one so I won't be returning.

• Visited November 2013

Huntsville, Alabama
“Local Competition for Zaxby's”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This Tenders! is on Madison Boulevard, across from Wal-Mart. My wife and I split a Big Daddy Chicken Tenders dinner. This was a heaping plate of french fries, topped with six fried chicken fingers, a small cup of slaw and a slice of buttered Texas Toast. It also came with plenty of dipping sauce for the chicken. The tenders were juicy and very good, with a light breading. They were a little smaller than I'd imagined. The sauce was similar to Zaxby's. (It's kind of like thousand island dressing.) The fries were very good. The slaw was maybe average. The Texas Toast was very good. (My wife said it had too much butter for her, but it was fine by me.) Total cost for the two of us, including 2 soft drinks & tax, was $11.54. There were at least 3 TVs on, e.g., showing ESPN and ESPN2. The place is sparsely decorated, with at least half a dozen helmets for various teams, and a few pictures. This is just a chicken place -- tenders and wings. However, you can get desserts such as Southern Pecan Pie or an Apple Turnover.

Tenders! was started in Huntsville by two Auburn grads, who wanted a place that made chicken fingers and sauce like the ones they loved while in college.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Tenders!? Share your experiences!