“Gluten-Free Cupcakes! [on Fridays]”
Review of Gigi's Cupcakes - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gigi's Cupcakes
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Traveled to Madison on a couple of different occasions. Each time, the clerk was very friendly and courteous. Our first trip, honestly, was to get only a box for some craft cupcakes my wife had sewn. The clerk was more than happy to assist us and gave us two boxes! [for free, btw]. The following week, on a Friday, my wife and I stopped by to get a dessert for after our lunch 'date'. I love chocolate and picked out one of their double chocolate cupcakes. My wife ordered one of their gluten-free cupcakes. Both were very good, moist, and had to be eaten with a fork. I do agree with other posters that there is about 2X the icing needed for these cupcakes. They are very good even without all of the sugar! We both ate 'around' all of the icing, and even threw some of the icing away. Hopefully, next time, we can order cupcakes w/ 1/2 icing, or something similar.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Ed Thompson is the owner of the Madison store. I ordered 150 dollars worth of MINI cupcakes and mini cheesecakes for a tea over the phone The problem... There is no mini cheesecake. They never mentioned that part. Check out the pictures in the store they look like minis. I also had three coupons that would not work - frustrating but it was only $5.00. I asked to call owner see if he could do anything. The answer was NO. Seriously!! We are talking NO customer satisfaction. Why didn't anyone talk about the rewards card? I had to call the Huntsville store to for Amanda to tell me about that. Something on 150 dollars worth would have been just good business. I had them wrapped so no I didn't check them. It is the principal here that is the point. Btw I have large orders about four times a year. You can imagine what happened when I tied to take them back. The owner Ed made NO attempt to right the mistake he flat out refused a refund or any compensation and insinuated I lied. The manager at the Madison store said that what I had was their mini cheesecake- you guessed it she took the order. I called the Huntsville store and ordered mini cupcakes and mini cheesecakes she said that would be fine. Really? Just to say I did order the mini. At the huntsville store I asked to speak to the manager after I got clarification from her that there was no mini. I had to be specific. Typical communication problem the retail knows the product and The consumer is looking at a picture and doesn't know. Amanda had left for the day. She called me back without me leaving my number from her home. She wins brownie points for that. Amanda would be a great hire anywhere for any place. I would not ever do business with the Madison store again and I live literally 2 minutes from the store. If I find out Ed is involved with the other store I will never use Gigi's again. Ellen's custom cakes would be my choice. About the same price for all natural and not out of a box!!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Tasty, yes... expensive, yes.. too much frosting, yes.. enough cake, no.. stick with the cupcakes at Publix. enough said...

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Cupcakes look great and the $3.50 price is not objectionabe until you realize that the height of the frosting is greater than the height of the cupcake. Usually a 'gourmet' cupcake is larger is overall diameter - Gigi's look like standard size cupcake, embellished with lots of frosting to make it look big. One has to use a fork to eat it as well... I was turned off by the mass of frosting, so didn't even buy one.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

In my opinion there is way too much frosting for my liking. I also think that the cupcakes are way overpriced.