“Pizza was okay, but everything else was awful. Won't be going back.”

Pie In the Sky Fresh Pizzeria & Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Huntsville, Alabama
“Pizza was okay, but everything else was awful. Won't be going back.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I went here on Valentine's day and were greatly disappointed.

We sat down within a reasonable time and ordered an appetizer, a salad, and a small pizza.

The appetizer was good, but our drinks ran dry for the first of three times and stayed that way for 10 minutes (where was our server?) When the food finally came, my pizza was cooked to order, but my wife's salad was a whole different story.

My wife ordered a chipotle southwest salad which the menu said came with garlic roasted chicken, lettuce, dressing, corn, cheddar cheese, cilantro, and onions. She asked for the dressing on the side, and received a bowl of brown lettuce, cold chicken from a can, corn, and tomatoes. It did not look appealing and tasted considerably worse. We asked the server where the missing ingredients were and he said "I thought you wouldn't want the onions so I left them off." We asked for cheddar cheese, the onions, and cilantro that were listed on the salad description in the menu. We also complained about how brown the lettuce looked and how the chicken was cold and flavorless. He said "They normally toss everything in the dressing which masks the appearance of the lettuce, chicken, etc., but you asked for the dressing on the side [which doesn't mask the poor quality of the ingredients]."

He eventually came back with the onions, cheddar cheese, and chopped parsley - not the cilantro that was on the menu and that we explicitly requested. At this point, we were fed up with everything and just asked for a to-go box.

The server said "Do you guys not want to pay for the salad" - not "I'm sorry for your experience, the salad is on us." We said whatever, and paid for our last meal at Pie In the Sky.

As we were paying for the meal, our server excused,"Sorry guys, the kitchen is swamped." To which I thought, "It's Valentine's Day; you should have been more prepared. And the restaurant was not at capacity."

Not once did we see a manager during our meal, so hopefully this review makes it back to the manager that night.

It's unfortunate that I won't be going back - there was a great beer selection and the pizza was alright. However, Mellow Mushroom and Famous Joe's have left me with a much better aftertaste than Pie In the Sky.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Wes H

Harvest, Alabama
“Good, but worth going back...not sure?”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Fresh ingredients & very good crust. My only negative would be the sauce they use, it's a little sweet for my tastes. We ordered the "happy family" pizza as seen in pics with a traditional crust. I would like to try the thin crust if I decide to go back. Other reviewers are right on with the great draft selections. Prices are high to me because I did not get that WOW factor that would prompt me to come back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Littlenester
PizzaMRKT, Marketing Associate at Pie In the Sky Fresh Pizzeria & Pub, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Littlenester,

Thank you for visiting our Madison location and for your valuable feedback! We're glad you enjoyed the pizza and our draft beer selection.

I'm sorry we did not provide you with the "WOW" factor. What can we do to make your dining experience better? As you mentioned we do use fresh ingredients. This is one of the reasons our pizza does cost a little more that some pizzerias. But we think that using these fresh, high quality ingredients is what sets us apart from the rest!

Please send me an email to decker@pspizza.com so we can discuss the specifics of your visit and what we can do to make you say WOW! if you choose to dine with us again!

Ryan Decker
Marketing Associate
Cullman, Alabama
“Good Menu Selections”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good place to go for pizza when not everyone in the group wants pizza. Individual size pizza, various salads, sandwiches, calzones, and pasta provide choices for everyone. I had a large bowl salad with spinach, fruits, candied walnuts, and goat cheese. It was very good but the spinach did have some mushy leaves that should not have been in the salad. Another in our group had the small Greek salad and said it was very good. My husband really enjoyed an Italian sandwich on foccacia bread.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sandra W
Athens, Alabama
“Fabulous Pizza”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This pizza is out of this world. Pizza is my families favorite food and we have found our new favorite.....Pie in the Sky for sure. I only wish that the would have a slice and salad special here. The food is a bit pricey but on occasion it is worth a great pie.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Becky S
PizzaMRKT, Marketing Associate at Pie In the Sky Fresh Pizzeria & Pub, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Becky,

Thank you so much for your business! We're glad you've found your new favorite spot for pizza. If you didn't already know, we have a personal two classic topping pizza available from 11am-2pm Mon-Thurs for $5.99. We hope to see you again soon!
Madison, Alabama
“The Name says it all”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Upon trying this resturant on three occassions I have finally had my last visit. This is a shame since i live very clos to this resturant.

On my first visit it would have been a 5-star for sure in all aspects then the following happened:

- Second visit I ordered a "Buffalo Ranch Boat Sandwich" described as: "A Big Hot Sandwich • Oven Toasted & Delicious!"...When it arrived I bit into the sandwich only to find the chicken inside stone cold! Someone else at the table had a cold pizza that had to be sent back to the kitchen. Lastly, one other person asked about a particular salad that had anchovies on it to ensure it was truly anchovies and not a anchovie paste. He was assured that it came with "real anchovies!" When the saled came not ONE anchovie could be found! It probably did not help that we could see all the jacking around going on in the kitchen with so much that went wrong that night!

Third visit - the food was cold again and not woth the inflated prices they charge! Poor service and overly priced food has forced me to give this one up!

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank RockyTop1
PizzaMRKT, Public Relations Manager at Pie In the Sky Fresh Pizzeria & Pub, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
RockyTop1,

Thank you for your review. I am glad your first visit with us was worthy of a 5 star review. I am very sorry about your less than satisfactory 2nd and 3rd visits to our restaurant.

We have a 100% satisfaction policy in our stores. Did you make the server, or manager aware that you were not happy?

Could you please tell me who your server was and when you last visit was with us?

I will also be forwarding this information to the General Manger so he can make the kitchen aware of their mistakes, that in turn lose us valuable customers like yourself.

Please contact me at decker@pspizza.com. Lets see if we can make this right for you!

Ryan Decke