“Great fish tacos and spicy Margarita”
Review of Bandito Burrito of Madison - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Phone: 256-461-8999.
Description: Phone: 256-461-8999.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The Fish tacos on corn tortillas are some of the best in town!! It is worth the drive from Huntsville. Great atmosphere and cool place. their spicy Jalapeño Margarita is very good.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We arrived on a Thursday after 5:30 pm for dinner to a half filled restaurant with adequate parking out front and plenty of available seating inside. I love the location, historic downtown revitalization is very romantic to me. The Bandito Burrito decor may intentionally be that old run down downtown hotspot, if so, good job. I certainly felt comfortable and wanted to ask questions about the dollar bills hanging from the ceiling and the old timey signs on the walls. The go to guy here was a fella named Bill who was taking orders, clearing tables, shuttling food & drinks as well as working the register. I saw one other person who looking like a waitress but she was kinda just smiling and standing around and chatting to one person or another. Bill looked harried and never paused much less took a break. I think I heard him apologize a dozen times to one person or another. When he introduced himself he dropped off chips and salsa, both of which were very good. When he brought our sweet tea, also good, he took our order. I don't know where his head was but he had to return to ask us to repeat the details of our order. I think he needs some coworkers to alleviate his workload. Our order was as follows:

$4: small white cheese dip in an edible bowl (Grade: A)
$8: Burrito dinner with mexi-rice and refried beans (Grade: Burrito=B, Rice=C, Beans=D)
$8: Combo #3 dinner with Taco, Cheese Enchilada, rice & beans (Grade: Taco=A, Enchilada=F)
$2: Sweet Tea (Grade B+)
Total after tax was $26

If you go, get the cheese bowl because it's a unique experience. I will probably not return to this restaurant because of how much I disliked the Enchilada, Rice & Beans. The rest of it was okay. This could have been my after work bar and restaurant, I really liked the specials they offered related to when the train passes by on the tracks out front. Madison is still growing, a wise investor should buy this place up, renovate, and turn this area into a wild west type enterprise. Out of towners looking for great Mexican food should skip this one however stop by the area and check out historic downtown Madison anyway.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Forget this place. I went to a fellow employees going-away party once at lunch and, literally could not eat the food, it was so bad. However, I paid the bill. In addition, the atmosphere is gross. There are better similar type restaurants in the area. This one is the pits.

1  Thank Leonard S
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had lunch here yesterday. The salsa was great, just the right amount of heat and the chips were hearty (not wishy washy like many other places). The chicken chalupa was nice as were the refried beans. Recommended for lunch specials, which are available all day Monday (not just lunch hours).

Reviewed April 17, 2013

But I don’t love it… I just like it. I do think it’s a cute restaurant and the refried beans are awesome.
I would recommended it…it’s good… just not great.