“A neighborhood mexican joint”

La Placita Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 185 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I love Mexican food and this is the best of 5 Mexican restaurants I've eaten at in Alabama thus far. It's not much to look at inside or out, we've passed it countless times without interest. We were so wrong to dismiss it on appearance. Don't get me wrong, its not unsavory or anything, it's just one of those places that looks past its prime. The second we walked in the door on an early Friday evening we were greeted by a young boy who quickly escorted us to a booth and gave us menus. As we walked from one room to the next we passed a man playing guitar and singing to the dinner guests from his perch in the corner. He paused to greet us we passed by and we were soon charmed by his talent along with the rest of the room who applauded after every song. Far better than average chips and salsa were delivered to us shortly after we sat down and the waiter took our drink orders before we got to the business of studying the menu. Our teas and soda were delivered quickly despite the steady flow of new guests into the restaurant. We ordered typical stuff. My daughter ordered chicken nuggets and fries from the kids menu. I had a combo plate of enchilada/taco/chile rellano/beans/rice and the missus had fajitas. I have never ordered a chile rellano before and didn't like it, but I loved everything else without exception. I then got to the business of stealing my wife's food because the chicken fajitas were great too. We found ourselves poaching choice morsels from each others plates. The entire meal long we observed the restaurant fill to capacity and the customers enjoy themselves in a way that you can only when you are comfortable and happy. This place isn't fancy pants, this place is great food at a fair price in a comfortable warm environment that makes you feel at home. If I should become a permanent resident to the area, this will probably me my Friday night place. I still have plenty of other Mexican restaurants to test out but I know for a fact that I will be returning to this one. Next time I think I'll try some beer or booze, maybe join the guitar player in some singing.

1  Thank kkibby43
There are newer reviews for La Placita Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed September 4, 2013

A small but friendly Mexican Restaurant with friendly service. My favorite is the Fajita Taco Salad in either beef or grilled chicken. The flowered bowl that holds it all is always light and tasty. The adult beverages can be obtained either in bottle or my favorite draft! Nothing makes the chips and salsa taste so good like a refreshing cold beer in a frosty mug.

So if you like a small, clean, friendly establishment with good food at a good price? I would recommend giving it a try as we have never been disappointed.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I went to La Placita and split La Luchador with my two brothers. La Luchador is a massive family size burrito filled with everything that the Taliban hates about America.

Happy hour was great and available on Saturday. La Placita is one of the only Mexican restaurants that has fish tacos on the menu.

Staff was a little slow and unaware. Totally worth it for the other redeeming qualities.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lots of flashy Mexican restaurants in the area, but La Placita is very good. Nothing fancy, just good food. Staff is helpful and service is quick and efficient.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I brought my family of 7 here when visiting Huntsville and was pleasantly surprised. Great service, good food and out the door without breaking the bank.