“Best BBQ sandwich I may have ever eaten!!!”
Review of Smokey's BBQ

Smokey's BBQ
Ranked #15 of 185 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Madison is a small incorporated city just west of Huntsville with many shops, stores and restaurants.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went here for the first time and loved it! Lots of menu options, friendly staff, place was very clean, very reasonable prices. Nice casual country atmosphere complete with a See Rock City painting!! The locals pack the place out so that has to tell you something if they keep coming back. And I know why... I had a shredded chicken BBQ sandwich and it was quite possibly the best BBQ sandwich I have ever eaten. The bun was soft but held together and the meat was melt in your mouth!!! Nice tasty BBQ sauces, including their regional white sauce favorite. Had the fried okra as well and it was big pieces with a nice crispy coating. Mmmmmmmm! The pulled pork sandwich looked awesome and another one in our party had a loaded baked potato that looked out of this world. Highly recommend a stop here - hands down awesome!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I love Smokey's bbq. It's all great: the sauce (as for the last review, I don't think they leave the white sauce on the table anymore, you can ask for it at the counter and they'll give you little cups of it), the delicious meats, the tasty sides, the prices, everything. I've tried a ton of the local bbq places and always come back to this one. The owner is super nice and very easy to work with too (they cater). Highly recommend!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I do like this resturant but I must warn you about the white sauce that is served there. My wife had a very bad food posioning from there when she used the sauce on the table. I recommedn getting cooled fresh white sauce if you are going to try this resturant.

The stuffed baked potato's are "exceptional" along with the baked beans and Brunswick Stew. All of these are must trys at Smokey! This would have been rates either a 4 or 5 star if not for our incident with white sauce...

1  Thank RockyTop1
Reviewed June 28, 2012

There's lots of choices at Smokies and they are all good. Prices are fair staff is usually friendly

1  Thank Justin T
Reviewed June 27, 2012

If you're looking for good BBQ this is the place to go. I have tried them all in this area and this is the best. In addition to the BBQ, the Brunswick stew and cornbread can't be beat. This is a typical BBQ place with order placement at the counter and seating yourself. They also excel at catering.

3  Thank BillE34