“My Favorite Chinese Buffet!”
Review of King Buffet - CLOSED

King Buffet
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This may be my favorite because of the black pepper chicken alone. It's wonderful! More of my favorite items include the coconut shrimp, mai fun noodles, and the mongolian beef. I agree with one of the other posters about the sushi...it's not so great. The service is almost always attentive. Time a plate is emptied it's removed from the table. My glass was never empty. If there is something you want and it is not on the buffet, they will make and bring it to you at no extra charge. They serve crab legs on the weekends, but they're slow to bring them out (like most chinese buffets). Bottom line: great place, great food, and they got a 91 on their last health department inspection.

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

There are plenty better Chinese Buffets in the area try them first! This place was not very good at all. Out of 75+ things on the buffet only about 5 of the items were decent, and about 2 that I'd say we're good. The sushi that they had was horrible! Worst I've ever had to date! Service was ok? Guy getting our empty plates was kinda rude? I had to ask for more water then he came over and tried to fill cups so fast he spilled alot of it in the table then just walked off. No sorry? Or try to wipe it up??? For what they had I felt they were way over priced! Atmosphere was kinda your typical Chinese resturaunt I guess. I won't return and I wouldn't recommend place to anyone!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This may be my new favorite Chinese restaurant. However, my GPS didn't find it. So, if you are on US 72, turn north on Hughes Road, and it will be in the shopping center on your left. We went for Sunday lunch. We were seated right away (unlike the folks next door standing out on the sidewalk at Casa Blanca). This restaurant appears to be newly remodeled. My wife liked the etched glass room dividers with mountains, birds, and especiallly the giant pandas. Our waitress was nice and friendly. Overall the food was very good to excellent. The previous reviewer loved the won ton soup; however, I thought it was too salty. I didn't understand the brown wontons, either. Perhaps they were whole grain. Anyway, the meat in them was wonderful. My wife served herself a big helping of salt & pepper shrimp, before she realized that she would need to peel them. The place appeared very neat and clean, even the bathrooms. This restaurant is smaller than 88 Buffet, and therefore has less variety on the buffet. I'm grateful the background music wasn't loud. It seemed to be western pop tunes with Chinese words. The restaurant seemed to be well patronized, but not crowded. The air conditioner worked well, and it was not steamy or humid inside. A very nice experience, overall.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

We have been a regular for years and really missed them when a fire closed the establishment a few months ago. They have three serving lines and includes the usual items. Boiled shrimp on ice is always available but my favorite of all of the items is Won ton Soup. It is the best I have ever had. The staff is very friendly.

1  Thank Son of the South