“Great Buffet”

China Buffet
Ranked #51 of 185 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I think that China Buffet has one of the best selections that I have seen. First, the Hibachi is amazing. You get to pick and choose what you want from the bar, and they cook it for you. Their selection in sushi is excellent. Some may warn you against buffet sushi, but they make it fresh and it is delicious.
Overall, the combination of American and Chinese food is perfect. Plus my wife loves their cheese sticks.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The food at this buffet is not too bad even though somewhat tasteless. The thing that I didn't like was the hateful attitude of the help and cashier. It seems like it is that way in most of the Chinese restaurants. It would be nice to have Chinese food where you were appreciated as a customer not chased away.

1  Thank Leonard S
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was visiting my folks a few days ago and i mentioned maybe we could go eat sushi somewhere. I knew where there was a good sushi house but they wanted to go here and they said the "sushi" was very good. Actually, it isnt sushi. It is just sushi rolls. They were alright. China Buffet has about everything anyone could possible hope for in its buffet....like most chinese buffets do. They have a hibachi grill which looked nice but i didnt get anything off of it cuz i was just in the mood for sushi but since they dont have sushi i just ate the rolls. They do, however, have awesome kimchi. It was very spicy and flavorfull. Most chinese buffets to not have kimchi so that is what saved this place for me. So if you want sushi dont come here. If you want a run-of-the-mill chinese buffet that is no too terribly bad then this place is for you.

1  Thank rosbergs3
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The food was good. There was plenty of variety and quantities. The staff did a good job keeping the areas clean and the food organized. They were quick to pick up dropped food and spills. I ate here on a Sunday, when the church crowd was in full force, and was able to enjoy the meal and hold a normal conversation without feeling like I was at a zoo.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband wasn't crazy about it, said it was good, but not the best. I personally, thought it was great. The only complaint that I would say is, they had lots and lots of seafood dishes, which I don't eat. Wish they would've had more Chinese choices and less seafood.

Been to China Buffet? Share your experiences!