Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL
$56
$52
$90
TripAdvisor
All reviewscookiesfront deskeggsoatmealcome back laterheated poolwonderful hotelwalls are thinthe maintenance manfavorite chaincaring staffboth morningsfamily staycoffee makerroom was clean and comfortablefirst morningfree hot breakfast
Reviewed February 20, 2014

While this hotel is newer, it is beginning to show signs of bein run-down. It looks as if they don't maintian the original furnishings.

Only one employee works in the evenings, so there is no one to pick you up or drop you off at the airport. Plan on taking a cab or renting a car.

The refrigerators don't work. No one in my entire group had a working refrigerator, even though we all had one in our rooms. I had some dirty towels.

The breakfast is very substandard. They had plain yogurt in a canister with cheese and salsa, appearing to be sour cream. However, when we brought it to the attention of the night manager/breakfast attendant/front desk attendant we were told they do that intentionally. It was quite a surprise for those who put it on their eggs!

The walls are very thin and there is quite a bit of ambient noise. There are very few food options within walking distance and the hotel will not provide any transportation to restaurants (see above issue on staffing).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kiran P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear 888_Andromeda_888
Richmond, Virginia

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the disappointments you experienced regarding the poor service and poor breakfast quality. We want to assure you that these are not the standards we pride ourselves upon at Country Inn & Suites. We pride ourselves on different amenities and services we offer and our goal is make every guest feel welcomed and feel at home away from home.

Your experience falls way below our standards. Please reach out to me personally @ cx_maal@countryinns.com with your confirmation number. With this information I can investigate what fell through in our services and ensure it won't happen again. Also, before booking your next stay, contact me personally so we can go above and beyond your expectations!

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I was stranded in Huntsville due to a winter storm and needed a place to stay. The night manager was awesome - she picked me up from the airport at 11:30 pm and put together a "care package" with toiletries as I had not been planning on being away from home and had not brought anything with me. The hotel shuttle took me to a store the next morning so I could purchase a change of clothing, then took me to a restaurant for lunch. In addition to the hotel staff being kind and accommodating, the hotel itself was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. I would highly recommend staying here if you are in the Huntsville area!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Kristin F
Kiran P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Ks4man
Des Moines, Iowa

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites, Madison, AL, I thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. As always our staff strives to make every guest feel welcome and make them feel at home away from home. I will be sure to share your kind comments with all my staff.

Thank you for your business. Please come again whenever you are in Madison/Hunstville.

Kiran Patel
(256) 325 -0007

Reviewed January 19, 2014

hotel is newer - shows no signs of wear. rooms were nice sized and the suites were very nice-for not much more money.
strong wifi signal.
hot tub was broken but the heated pool was a nice temperature - unlike many other indoor pools that are kept too cool.
breakfast - usual stuff - cereal, pastries, yogurt etx.. hot food included waffle maker, hot oatmeal, and a warming pan with three choices. eggs, a bread, and a meat. they had a hard time keeping everything full and stocked while we were there, even though it did not look particularly crowded - but at least they were hustling around trying- as opposed to a single attendant lazily wandering around like i have seen at other properties.
front desk staff always friendly.
cookies at the desk always a fun benefit of this chain.

local area is nothing to write home about but there are food choices within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank marieatta_pman
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Newer hotel. Very good service. Breakfast was typical offerings, but good. Better than most similar hotels.

Only problem was with pool and hot tub. Pool was chilly. Hot tub was broken, temperature was same as pool. They said it been broke for a few weeks and they are waiting on a part.

Other than that this is a great hotel for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank nbaker75v
Kiran P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear nbaker75v
Springboro, Ohio

I appreciate you taking time to review our hotel. Our staff strives to make every guest feel welcome and we really appreciate your recognition of our friendliness and service. Though I was disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience you were caused. We are working hard to resolve the pool issue, though it is taking more than expected time and expect to get it resolved very soon.

I would love to welcome you back again soon and to provide you with the perfect stay we strive to create.

Kiran

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel!! Our room was very clean with all the all the amenities. Refrig, microwave, coffeemaker. Great selection at breakfast. Wi-Fi was good. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and curteous especially the front desk(Rebecca?) Will definitely stay here our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sebastian D
Kiran P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Sabastian, D
Hamden.

We, thank you for your comments concerning your family visit to our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We always try do our best to provide our guest with great service and clean comfortable accommodations Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites, Madison, AL and we look forward to you coming again.

Kiran