“Son's wedding!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were a family of 7 which traveled from Iowa and South Carolina who were here for Son's wedding. He made reservations and we enjoyed the staff and cleanly rooms! Close to resturaunts and shopping. Kids swam every day and felt really comfortable .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GEMA250014

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked this hotel because it had a pool and whirlpool. Check in went smooth. Got our suits on so the kids could jump in the pool and we could sit in the whirlpool. Pool was fine but, the whirlpool had green water and was cold. Asked the front desk and they said it was broke. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was there last week for 2 nights and while the room was ok, the breakfast was not good and the noise coming from the room above us was the worst nightmare you could have had. It all started about 10pm on Saturday evening and by midnight we called the front desk. They said they would take care of it. At 1:30am we called again and they said sorry and they would take care of it. Sometime between 2:30 and 3am they finally went to bed. Unfortunately we had to get up at 7am and drive all the next day. I found out later that all Country Inns and Suites are not corporate owned and this was one of them. They had very little to eat and if they were out of it, there was no more coming. They were out of meat and bread and stated there was no more coming out. I had a terrible stay and yes I complained to corporate and they took care of me. So from now on I will find out if the hotel I am staying at is corporate owned it does make a big difference.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room there, go down the street to Holiday Inn Express or go into Huntsville and s...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Kiran P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at the Country Inn of Madison. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

I sincerely apologize that the noise from rooms above disrupted your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is our number one concern and we strive to provide a pleasant and relaxing experience for all.

I do hope that the next time you are in the area, you will consider staying at our property again and see the improvements we have made of your above noted concerns.

Once again, please accept my apologies and I do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kiran Patel, GM.
Country Inn & Suites
Madison AL

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel was terrible. My friend insisted on staying here under my advisement when pass through to FL for reward points. Sorry, points are not worth this - I know I will never stay at a Country Inn AGAIN. This location was very isolated, nothing around within walking distance. The tv remote batteries were dead, should be an easy fix - wrong. I was informed by the front desk that the batteries were locked up in the managers desk. When asked about retrieving from another room, she said she couldn't leave the desk. After round and round on that issue pulled batteries from remote in lobby. Forget using the hot tub, that was out of order. Our bath tub was disgusting, I am not sure if it was cleaned or if a dirty towel was used. For get wanting fresh fruit for breakfast, no bananas and the apples and oranges looked several weeks old.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your experience at our hotel. We are extremely disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay. We are currently taking steps to ensure that our service is improved markedly, our facilities are running properly, and our breakfast quality is up to the standards of Country Inns & Suites. We hope you get the chance to return to our property in the near future so we get the chance to exceed your expectations and restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Went up for the weekend. We have family in Huntsville and come to town often. Was glad to see a new country inn. Have stayed in numerous country inns all over the USA. Check-in was good. Room was very small. Reported the frig not working to the owner and he laughed and said we buy them by the dozen, that most of them do not work very good. Did bring us another one And it did not work. Seems they cut on a lot of corners in this hotel. Granite shelf in the tub fell. Repairman said well, the new glue doesn't work that he tried. I said...good thing the kids were not in the tub. Would of hurt them!
The swimming pool..... Had to ask for towels. First night seemed ok. The second day was hard to breath for the chlorine. Reported to front desk on check out and they they stated they had checked the levels. My daughter's friend's swimsuit was bleached white. I've never seen his happen after swimming for one hour. Front desk said manager would call me. Never called....four days later I had to call them. After we got home my daughter and granddaughter's hair is fried. I was so upset when the girl on the phone played it off like it was our fault regarding their hair. Can buy a new suit but how much will it cost to repair the damage to their hair. I could not get over how she said we are the only one to call from this weekend, that we are the only one with a problem. They Swimmed only for a short time. Then she stated maybe because they got in the hot tub....different chlorine levels and not recommended for teenagers. No sign up and I've never heard of that. October 5-7th, 2012. Never apologizing...just blaming us for the damage. Just shocked!!
It's just an adequate place to stay. Small rooms, small lobby, food was fair...if you could get the staff from the kitchen that were standing in there talking. Had to go to the kitchen door to get plates. Need plates to eat.
Never returning!!! Bad name for country inn and suites. Cannot not understand them NOT apologizing and blaming a paying customer. Shocked...just shocked!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We would like to apologize for the condition of the hotel and the lack of service for the staff members. Management at the hotel and corporate are commucation so we can take the necessary steps to make sure situations like this do not reoccur. We hope you can return to our hotel in the near future so we get the chance to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is super clean & the staff is wonderful! Complimentary hot breakfast, pool, free cookies & always ready to help. Will stay here every year when visiting my sister & her family. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Choose quiet room away from ice maker, elevator & exit door.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank rndmann
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great place to stay! I'd stay again anyday! Complimentary hot breakfast in the morning or if youre checking out before 7 AM, let the front desk know and they'll prepare you a breakfast bag to-go. Foam top mattress and pillows. Clean clean clean! Very impressed and I'm a serious critic about everything! Ha ha

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Kelseyghardin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport
Hampton Inn Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
#2 of 13 in Madison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport Madison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Decatur Ingalls Harbor
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Athens

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL? Share your experiences!