“Will never stay there again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Fort Myers, Florida
“Will never stay there again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was there last week for 2 nights and while the room was ok, the breakfast was not good and the noise coming from the room above us was the worst nightmare you could have had. It all started about 10pm on Saturday evening and by midnight we called the front desk. They said they would take care of it. At 1:30am we called again and they said sorry and they would take care of it. Sometime between 2:30 and 3am they finally went to bed. Unfortunately we had to get up at 7am and drive all the next day. I found out later that all Country Inns and Suites are not corporate owned and this was one of them. They had very little to eat and if they were out of it, there was no more coming. They were out of meat and bread and stated there was no more coming out. I had a terrible stay and yes I complained to corporate and they took care of me. So from now on I will find out if the hotel I am staying at is corporate owned it does make a big difference.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room there, go down the street to Holiday Inn Express or go into Huntsville and s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kiran P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at the Country Inn of Madison. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

I sincerely apologize that the noise from rooms above disrupted your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is our number one concern and we strive to provide a pleasant and relaxing experience for all.

I do hope that the next time you are in the area, you will consider staying at our property again and see the improvements we have made of your above noted concerns.

Once again, please accept my apologies and I do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kiran Patel, GM.
Country Inn & Suites
Madison AL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel was terrible. My friend insisted on staying here under my advisement when pass through to FL for reward points. Sorry, points are not worth this - I know I will never stay at a Country Inn AGAIN. This location was very isolated, nothing around within walking distance. The tv remote batteries were dead, should be an easy fix - wrong. I was informed by the front desk that the batteries were locked up in the managers desk. When asked about retrieving from another room, she said she couldn't leave the desk. After round and round on that issue pulled batteries from remote in lobby. Forget using the hot tub, that was out of order. Our bath tub was disgusting, I am not sure if it was cleaned or if a dirty towel was used. For get wanting fresh fruit for breakfast, no bananas and the apples and oranges looked several weeks old.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your experience at our hotel. We are extremely disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay. We are currently taking steps to ensure that our service is improved markedly, our facilities are running properly, and our breakfast quality is up to the standards of Country Inns & Suites. We hope you get the chance to return to our property in the near future so we get the chance to exceed your expectations and restore your faith in our hotel.
Oxford, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Went up for the weekend. We have family in Huntsville and come to town often. Was glad to see a new country inn. Have stayed in numerous country inns all over the USA. Check-in was good. Room was very small. Reported the frig not working to the owner and he laughed and said we buy them by the dozen, that most of them do not work very good. Did bring us another one And it did not work. Seems they cut on a lot of corners in this hotel. Granite shelf in the tub fell. Repairman said well, the new glue doesn't work that he tried. I said...good thing the kids were not in the tub. Would of hurt them!
The swimming pool..... Had to ask for towels. First night seemed ok. The second day was hard to breath for the chlorine. Reported to front desk on check out and they they stated they had checked the levels. My daughter's friend's swimsuit was bleached white. I've never seen his happen after swimming for one hour. Front desk said manager would call me. Never called....four days later I had to call them. After we got home my daughter and granddaughter's hair is fried. I was so upset when the girl on the phone played it off like it was our fault regarding their hair. Can buy a new suit but how much will it cost to repair the damage to their hair. I could not get over how she said we are the only one to call from this weekend, that we are the only one with a problem. They Swimmed only for a short time. Then she stated maybe because they got in the hot tub....different chlorine levels and not recommended for teenagers. No sign up and I've never heard of that. October 5-7th, 2012. Never apologizing...just blaming us for the damage. Just shocked!!
It's just an adequate place to stay. Small rooms, small lobby, food was fair...if you could get the staff from the kitchen that were standing in there talking. Had to go to the kitchen door to get plates. Need plates to eat.
Never returning!!! Bad name for country inn and suites. Cannot not understand them NOT apologizing and blaming a paying customer. Shocked...just shocked!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Carlson Hotels C, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We would like to apologize for the condition of the hotel and the lack of service for the staff members. Management at the hotel and corporate are commucation so we can take the necessary steps to make sure situations like this do not reoccur. We hope you can return to our hotel in the near future so we get the chance to restore your faith in our hotel.
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is super clean & the staff is wonderful! Complimentary hot breakfast, pool, free cookies & always ready to help. Will stay here every year when visiting my sister & her family. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Choose quiet room away from ice maker, elevator & exit door.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank rndmann
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great place to stay! I'd stay again anyday! Complimentary hot breakfast in the morning or if youre checking out before 7 AM, let the front desk know and they'll prepare you a breakfast bag to-go. Foam top mattress and pillows. Clean clean clean! Very impressed and I'm a serious critic about everything! Ha ha

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Kelseyghardin
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here for two evenings. First booked on line and got a good discount for just one evening. When we arrived we decided to stay an extra night. Easy as pie. Desk people very pleasant and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. We were visiting relatives in Madison and this hotel was close to them. The next day we drove into Huntsville - an easy drive and enjoyed the downtown area. Good selection for breakfast and they provide a small library of books, magazines and newspapers. A real plus. All in all a very good stay and we would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Madison or Huntsville.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lpw101
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I found this place for a quick getaway (one-night stay on Sunday evening of Memorial Day weekend) and booked over the phone. They had a special for a king bed room with a Jacuzzi in it for $106.00, breakfast included. We traveled from the Atlanta area and arrived early due to the time difference of one hour, and found our room ready and waiting! Our hostess with the mostest, Roseanna, was gracious, friendly and such a joy to deal with. She did so much to make our stay special, and we will most definitely be back to explore the area again. The breakfast was delicious, we had frest fruit, eggs, bacon and biscuits with gravy. Warm cookies at check in, a lovely room, almost private pool and hot tub and very attentive staff, we felt like we were the only ones there! Easy to get to, newer hotel with beautiful grounds...we give it 5 stars!!

Room Tip: The hotel has 2 Jacuzzi suites, they are spacious and the tubs are large enough for 2.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Debbie M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
BEST WESTERN PLUS Madison-Huntsville Hotel
#6 of 13 in Madison
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#5 of 53 in Huntsville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison? Share your experiences!