“I highly recommend.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport Madison

La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport Madison
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Madison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Phenix City, Alabama, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is my favorite hotel in the Huntsville area. I have been there several times on business and a few times for personal pleasure. This time around I took my wife and another couple friend and we had a blast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

phoebesteele, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport Madison, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We are so happy that we were able to supply you with your weekend get-a way in our beautiful hotel. We love to host couples and families to "slip away" with us, coming from near or far. Thank you also for bringing a guest couple with you to "experience the difference" in our "avobe and beyond" service and "luxury at affordability" accommodations. We truly appreciate you! Thanks again,

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had such a great time when we visited this hotel! Phoebe has such great people skills and does a great job making sure everything is correct. We brought a college tour group of 35 high school scholars from Indianapolis, Indiana last week. All of the rooms were clean, the entire process was very smooth, and we truly enjoyed ourselves. The Indy Youth Achievers College Tour Program thanks Phoebe and LaQuinta Inn!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for allowing us to host your college tour. It was so exciting to see such a well behaved group of high school students during their search for college opportunities. We applaude not only your program but also your selection of us to host as your "home away from home"! We really appreciate you and encourage you to share your experience with others coming our way so they too can "experience the difference" in "luxury at affordability". Thanks agiain and safe travels for you and your group.

Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had a wonderful experience. Staff treated us like family, especially Debbie, Tasha and Phoebe. Every year my four brothers and I (we all live in different parts of America) pick a different location to meet and ride motorcycles together. This year we stayed here at La Quinta. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Debbie, who was in charge of breakfast, was extremely friendly, responsive and made us feel at home. She really made the stay enjoyable. Tasha and Phoebe were also very friendly, helpful and courteous. I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area. Overall I was very satisfied.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

my family and i stayed for quite a spell at this laquinta, i dont understand how anyone could give this staff a bad review. from check in to check out, the staff here at madison laquinta was beyond great!!! phoebe clued me in to all of the great shopping and eateries, chris couldnt be more helpful or wonderful he always had a smile on his face, debbie the breakfast lady is just as sweet as she can be. and as for laquintas breakfast, debbie always added food as it became low. she kept the area spotless and stocked, even when it Was a mad house with huge amounts of guests. the rooms were very clean and fresh, the pool was pleasant always, and any issue you might have, the staff always took care of it asap and in anyway they could. also....this hotel has guest appreciation nights... beer , wine and food.!!! how guest friendly is that???? and the rest of the staff at laquinta was great too. from housekeeping to mngmnt... thank you for the greatest most pleasant stay at any laquinta ive ever been to... thank you Phoebe, Chris, Debbie, Tasha, Ricky,James, Myrta, Susie and everyone else !!!!!

Thank you so much for your gracious review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure guest has an awesome experience with "nothing bad to say" and are very pleased to know that our efforts are not done in vain Please continue to consider us for "home away from home" lodging when in our area as we are ALWAYS "here for you"! Thanks again,

Ava, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This LaQuinta was clean, very modern, great breakfast, Very nice rooms and had the best staff!! The staff was so accommodating, we had a small dog and our family was in town for a funeral. Even though there is a pet policy we were able to leave our dog in her kennel in our room. LaQuinta's are "pet friendly" which is good because it is our first choice to stay at. I'd stay here again, the only down side is the pool is indoors, which in Alabama you would think the pool would be outside but I cannot complain, we were very impressed with our stay.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Cincinnati
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

First let me say I always look at TripAdvisor for ratings before I book a hotel. In this case it was way off, especially with the breakfast.
We travel to Huntsville once a year to take our children to SpaceCamp. We decided to make use of some frequent flyer miles to book the hotel for a Saturday night stay. We checked in and a credit card was requested for incidentals. When we got home we found a $74 charge on our card for our room. When I called the hotel I was told that since the agent the airline used had simply reserved the room for us and not paid for it. I was plainly told that this was not La Quinta's fault and we need to take it up with the airline. After my wife spending 30 minutes on the phone with the airline we confirmed the mile were deducted from our account and the room was paid in full. In the meantime I had a voicemail from the same employee asking me to call. When I called back I was told that this was only supposed to be a "hold" charge that it was never actually meant to go through and we would receive a credit in 2-4 working days. Surprise, it did, and at the end of our billing cycle which means we must pay that false charge or pay interest. Hopefully it was an honest mistake. Can we get the thirty minutes back we wasted on the phone? plus the aggravation?
The breakfast. The following items were listed on the hotel's corporate webpage for this location (which was a huge reason we chose this hotel, plus reviews) and were not there: Hard Boiled Eggs, Yogurt, Sausage, Bacon, Eggs, Grits. We arrived for breakfast around 8:30 and none of these were to be found. When I asked where the sausage I pointed to the biscuits and gravy and told it was in the gravy. Not being a gravy eater I was unable to verify. It was all the hostess could do to keep those filled as seven gentlemen that looked to be part of a road construction crew were clearing them out as soon as she refilled it. There was one bagel, maybe a few assorted pastries and about four assorted pieces of bread. I had cold cereal, not the hot breakfast I wanted. The fresh fruit was in short supply as well, about an hour later I asked my wife to grab me a banana and there were none left. Also the hotel was probably only 30-40% full so why the shortage of food? As I had paid with my miles (once you book with those they are gone forever, even if you cancel) I simply chose to leave and pay for a breakfast elsewhere. I saw no use in complaining.
Another reason we stayed at the hotel was the pool for our son. I was surprised to see the pool closes at 9 PM. This is the first time I have encountered one that closed before 10PM. My son ended up only getting about 30 minutes of swim time in after spending 6+ hours in a car.
No real complaints on the room. It was clean but there was a certain smell to it though not unpleasant. Perhaps because it is a pet-friendly hotel. Beds we good and we slept well.
The hotel hallways and common areas were clean. Another odd thing is they lock the main entrance at 9PM and you need a hotel key to get in or must wait for a staff member to let you in. My wife found this out the hard way as she had to outside for cell phone reception.
This hotel needs to focus on customer service. The problems I listed should not have happened. They are easily avoidable. Instead of a pleasant stay and positive review this is what happens. For a little bit more we could have stayed at the Marriot right next to SpaceCamp and had a good continental breakfast. When we checked in and found out they were pet-friendly we thought we might stay there when we picked our child from SpaceCamp, bringing our dog with us as we planned to stay in town for a few days. We'll be staying elsewhere.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DougMCincinnati
phoebesteele, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport Madison, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Good Morning Sir,

I am Phoebe Steele, Director of Sales with the "Ooh, La, La...La Quinta Madison!" and I want to exert all efforts to apologize to you for your less than desirable experience. I regret not having the opportunity to make it right for you and your family during your stay as I travel frequently with my family and can identify with how precious that time together is.

You are so right in saying that the occurrences could have been avoided, we know your experience cannot be done over but, since we strive to exceed our guest expectations as indicated in our scores and awards, I would like to speak with you to determine your thoughts on making it right for you. Until that time, in appreciation of your loyalty as a La Quinta Returns member, I would like to share with you how we always strive to exceed our guest expectations.

Your courtesy pre-authorization on your card, as with all hotels is done for incidentals and will vary in processing, depending on its status as a credit or debit card. In some cases it happens immediately and other financial institutions may take 10-14 business days. The next step, once you have checked out of your room, is the released of hold in our system, then your financial institution processes it as deemed by their company policy. Our Front Desk Service Representative made attempts to resolve your concerns by encouraging you to follow up with your institution. By law, they cannot discuss your account with us, but can confirm with you that it was an actual hold and not a processed charge.

Understanding your justified frustration, I can clearly see how irritating it must have been to come to breakfast, right after the departure of a large group, and find the breakfast items being replenished, further creating a delay with some items also not a part of the selection that day. We do rotate our breakfast menu for variety and per guest repeated demand, serve the sausage and gravy with biscuits on one of the 7 days. Our eggs, bacon and/or sausage are served on the remaining six.

We always pre-plan for our breakfast servings based on the numbers indicated to us for each room and as a result of other hotels with additional person charges, we are denied the accurate count of in room guest. This is what results in delays with unexpected guest in the room however, we always attempt go above and beyond to ensure all guest have a Bright Starts with a Bright Side breakfast.

Some of your other concerns are standard practices in the hotel industry to ensure safety, security and concern for all hotel guest. Although our standard pool hours as many others end at 9PM, there have been occurrences where extensions were given to due to various family, team or corporate event time extensions, just by notifying us. I really wish you had. I also understand the frustration of our lock door policy as I have had that issue as well with traveling, but please know that it is a means of customer service, in all efforts to ensure the safety of all of our guest.

In closing, I do apologize for your undesirable experience and am really looking forward to speaking with you. Thank you so much for your shared comments as it creates opportunities to discover the best ways to ensure guest satisfaction. Thanks again, and we truly appreciate you.

Phoebe Steele, Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
BEST WESTERN PLUS Madison-Huntsville Hotel
#6 of 13 in Madison
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#5 of 53 in Huntsville

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport Madison? Share your experiences!