“Sushi” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Madison, Alabama
“Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Great sushi rolls and other items of great taste. The atmosphere is great and has traditional Japanese seating if desired. I highly recommend! Great owner that is very approachable!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank RockyTop1

“The worse meal I've had in Alabama”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I read all the great reviews and decided to give it a try. My co-worker and I were in training in Madison and decided to check out Edo. We followed the directions and thought we had found the place. The sign had bushes going over it so it was hard to see. The parking lot was full. We thought that's a good sign. The restrauruant was full with actual Japanese people eating there, another good sign. Our meals were awful. I ordered a nightbane roll. Tempura shrimp, crab, avocado topped with salmon and tempura flakes. It was a $15 disaster. It came with no ginger or wasabi. The tempura shrimp was very old and soggy, fishy and indelible. I was able to eat the salmon, although it was room tempature. I prefer my sushi cold. I deconstructed the roll and ate parts of it , the rice, salmon and avocado. My friend ordered the lunch box. Her disappointing meal was at least cheaper at around 8 dollars . The chefs choice box included strips of chicken that were close to 50% fat, some rice noodles with overcooked gray looking bean spouts,some noodles cooked with mushrooms, macaroni salad???? white rice and ginger salad. She was able to eat some of the rice , salad and chicken once the skin was removed. I'm amazed there were so many other diners there. I can't see the appeal. Eat at your own risk!

1 Thank PJ S
Huntsville, Alabama
“Across Madison Blvd from Wal-Mart, Behind Tenders”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for lunch on a weekday. (It is best to approach from the west on Madison Boulevard, so as not to cross the street in front of Wal-Mart.) I ordered the beef teriyaki bowl, and she ordered the vegetable bowl. These bowls come with rice in the bottom. Her bowl had large slices of steaming hot, pretty vegetables on top. (Bell pepper, squash, thin sliced carrot, broccoli, sweet potato, mushroom, etc.) Her rice had a soy sauce in it that was not too salty. My bowl had thin strips of steak with a wonderfully sweet, thick brown teriyaki sauce on it. It was all very good. We even ate all the white sticky rice. We aren't very competent with chopsticks, so we mostly used forks. We were full by then, but I still ordered a cup of mango ice cream with two spoons. It was nicely sweet. (They had several other ice creams, including green tea, and red bean. I expect those are not sweetened. Japanese love these mild ice creams, but we Americans aren't used to ice cream that isn't sweetened.) Most of the wait staff appeared to be Japanese, although I also saw two pretty American waitresses. The restaurant appeared to be over half full at lunchtime. The clientele looked to be young engineers and such. The restaurant was a little too noisy at lunchtime for easy conversation. I would be interested to come back some evening, when I expect it is quieter. The Japanese decor was somewhat interesting. This isn't a fast food place. We were in and out in about 50 minutes, but they seemed slower because the din from all the other diners drowned out normal conversation and the background music. Our bill for the above two meals, plus our hot green tea, was less than $18.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Steve M
Madison, Alabama
“Lunch Box Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

My first experience with their lunch box special! AWESOME! Plenty to eat with great variety....a little something for everyone. Well, I did get me the spider sushi too ....whew that put me over the top. The friendly courteous service is just e icing on the cake.

2 Thank RLB53
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good food and very friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Best sushi and Sashimi in Alabama. EDO is a great traditional Japanese restaurant with a sushi bar and several different dining areas. The sushi is always fresh. Service at lunch can be a little slow due to the large crowds that go there.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jeffyt

Been to Edo Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!