Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Beautiful setting when you first walk in, fireplace and seating area. Great rates too!

Everything was nice and modern. Bar fridge & microwave in my room. Many, many lamps to choose from. Bed was great! Lots of pillows. Bath was great too.

Only one complaint, TV would not work, probably because I was tired ; ). I didn't bother with the front desk because I figured that i should go to sleep. I probably should have said something the next day but I forgot.

Breakfast was extra, but it was great. Buffet breakfast onsite at the hotel. There was always somebody checking on the food. Staff even offered to make eggs the way that you want. Another person asked if there was anything there that we wanted and did not see, we said "pancakes!" and they made some for us. FANTASTIC crew at the buffet breakfast!! Kudos to you all and I hope that management sees this review and gives you the thumbs up that you deserve.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Lederfrau

Reviewed July 19, 2009

Everyone was Great... The people there was the Nicest of any place I have ever stayed...
The front desk was so Nice and helpful... There is a Guy name Eric that Ever time I saw him he Had something nice to say....
I will be back.....
I loved it and Loved the People there...

Bo Simpson
140 Nantucket
Mc Kenzie,TN 38201

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bodad105
Reviewed May 10, 2009

This hotel was the chosen hotel for a soccer tournament some 20 miles away, which seemed odd, but the our experience was so excellent that none of us minded driving by numerous other hotels on the way to the tournament.

Clearly recently renovated, our room had nice linens, a flat-screen TV (NOT the small CRT TV in the virtual tour), a large fridge with a door with special areas for canned drinks and other items, a microwave, and an unusually large nightstand, The free wireless internet worked easily and did not require a password. Our room had a view of the pool and hot tub, for which the hotel provided a box of towels which meant we did not have to use our room towels. As a nice touch, our room was festooned with a Gatorade and goodie bag for our young soccer player tagged "Good luck!" The staff was helpful and patient. All in all an enjoyable hotel experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TKDenizen
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Stayed here for a workshop and had a really nice king sized room. Plenty of room for extra comfy easy chair with ottoman so you didn't have to sit on the bed to watch the big flat screen TV.Breakfast buffet was not free, but had choice of either just cold continental type or hot foods. The only flaw was the in-room information book didn't indicate the restaurant was open for breakfast on Sunday so I went elsewhere. Wish I had stopped by the lobby before I went as I would have seen the restaurant was open.Front desk pleasant and check -in(I was early) and checkout very smooth.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank teacup610
Reviewed July 7, 2008

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Madison, Alabama for four nights while on a business trip. This is a full-service hotel with a restaurant and is a good value for the money. It is very convenient to the Huntsville Airport.

Checking in was very smooth. The front desk was professional and helpful.

I stayed in one of the king bed outdoor-entry rooms. The decor was not great. My room had a carpet with a polka dot pattern that clashed with the plaid chairs. Sort of the classic Holiday Inn look -- I guess that's what you expect there. But there were some more contemporary touches -- like the flat screen TV. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was especially nice, with a large shower head. The room was clean and housekeeping did a good job every day. The rooms have both wired and wireless Internet.

Breakfast was excellent, but not free. The best deal is the buffet -- buying items singly off the menu added up quickly. (The first morning there I didn't see the full buffet and ordered from the menu instead. Turns out there are two tables to the buffet. You might not see them both at first.) The made-to-order omelets were delicious.

I attended the wine and cheese party for Priority Club guests. That was nice. The lobby is nice-looking, though dated in style, and also has wide-screen TVs, tuned to CNN. The pool and pool area looked nice and clean. There was plenty of parking. I came home after dark a couple of nights and I thought the stairway up to the second floor rooms was too dark.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank m_tamra
Reviewed January 9, 2008

I stay here periodically for business travel. The hotel is nice and the rooms are clean. The staff is great - very courteous and professional. The hotel is also secure. The pool and pool area are clean and well lit. Breakfast buffet offers a decent selection and the food is good.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Kildares0307
Reviewed November 9, 2007

We came across this hotel by accident. Our original plan was to stay in Nashville for two nights but only stayed one in a poor Best Western hotel.

We therefore decided to dip into Alabama and and as night drew upon us started to look for accommodation. We came across this Holiday Inn by accident and we were well pleased that we did as it seemed like a palace compared with our previous nights experience.

We took a twin bedded room for $130 (which is cheap based on the convertion rate $ to £ at present). The room was large and clean with a small bathroom. It overlooked the outside swimming pool which was situated in the courtyard.

The hotel is situated on the main highway and you probably have to venture into Huntsville itself for a selection of restaurants. We therefore decided to make use of the excellent restaurant in the hotel itself. Although the menu was limited the food was of good quality with large helpngs. Our charge for a three course meal for two with drinks came to $58. The hotel also offers a bar to relax in after a weary day on the road.

A good standard complementary breakfast is available offering both hot & cold food for all tastes.

We would definitely recommend this hotel especially if you are on a road trip like us. After a long day on the road it was nice to relax in the comfort the hotel offered.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank WakeyEngland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport Madison
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#9 of 53 in Huntsville
Baymont Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport/Madison

Been to Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel? Share your experiences!