“Good location, service and food”

Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Grove City, United States
“Good location, service and food”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Good hotel, good location and great service. Breakfast is better than the normal continental. Shuttle for 5 miles covers a good range of food, bars, and shopping. 5 minutes from the airport which is also a bonus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ManagerBWP, Manager at Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with our hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the shuttle and our breakfast. We try to offer the services that our guests want the most and I am thankful that you chose us while in the Madison area. Please feel free to contact any member or our team or myself at any time.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Butler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2013

From the time of check-in until departure, this hotel surpassed all of our expectations! With a clean modern decor and lush greenery this quaint hotel served us a delicious breakfast buffet each morning, freshly homemade cookies and sweet punch in the afternoon, a lovely interior court pool with whirlpool jacuzzi, workout room, laundry area, shuttle service, restaurant/bar and friendly staff, all in true southern style! Right next door to the Huntsville airport and easy access to all areas of northern Alabama. No need to look elsewhere---this is the best! Our family has already booked our next visit! Thank you Best Western Madison! The Jackline Family

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I recently spent three nights at the Best Western Plus in Madison and was very pleased with all aspects of my visit. The location is very convenient, but as others have mentioned, the staff is what sets this place apart from other places I have stayed. I don't think any of them ever walked past me without a smile and a "How are you today?" My room was very nice, and the breakfast was VERY good. On my way home from Madison, I spent a night at a competitor's hotel, and was very disappointed. Even though I spent 50% more for a room, I got much less value, including a breakfast that consisted of cereal and waffles.

I will be back to this hotel! Actually, I plan to stay there again next week.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ManagerBWP, Manager at Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you come back to stay with us when you are in the area. The staff knew just who you were when we talked about your comments. I truly believe that our team members genuinely care about our guests and it is nice to know that it shows.

I appreciate that you mentioned the convenience of our location. You can truly be anywhere you need to be in Huntsville or Madison in minutes. I hope that you will continue to stay with us when you are in the area. Please let me know if I can be of service to you in any way.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Family of four stayed here prior to a day at the Rocket and Space Center. We were also passing through. I got a deal on Hotwire. We were very pleased with our stay. Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, quick check in, large room with microwave and fridge, easy to use and functional climate control thermostat, very nice outdoor pool with lots of seating - deep and shallow ends are large for an outdoor hotel pool, smallish bathroom but great water pressure, comfy beds and pillows, room was quiet despite being on first floor and near back door, way above average breakfast buffet ( although could have used toast or English muffins but now I'm being picky). I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through the area or staying a few days ( I think it's in a convenient location given it's proximity to the highway and being off a major road). And did I mention the staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013
Mike,

I am so glad that you were able to spend some time at our hotel while you were visiting the Space Center. I have always thought that our pool was a hidden gem and it is great to hear when a family has gotten to enjoy it. Thank you for your kind comments about our team. I will be sure to pass along your experience with them.

Since your stay, we have upgraded our breakfast and added a toaster, breakfast breads, and a waffle maker. I hope that you stop by again to check out our new breakfast.

Again, thank you for sharing with us your experience. Please let me know how I can help you in the future.

Demopolis, Alabama
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel. This is an older property that has been remodeled and we found it to have beautiful décor in the lobby and common areas, and nice appointments in our guest room. Most of all, we found the staff to be extremely friendly and accommodating, from the front desk staff, to the housekeepers and restaurant personnel. The quality of the complimentary breakfast was well above most offered in other hotels. We highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rosemary,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am so pleased that you were satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your comments about our employees. We have meetings daily with our team and we all get excited to hear how we are doing. We have recently upgraded our breakfast and I am glad that you were able to enjoy the new items that we offer.

I hope that you will stay with us again while traveling to Huntsville or Madison. If I might help you in any way, please feel free to contact me.

Spring Hill, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me and my 2 boys stayed for a week (my oldest son went to Space Camp). When we first arrived an employee OFFERED to help us unload the car (without prompting). Of course, I was happy to have his assistance and this was a great first impression. I later found out that "Bill" was in housekeeping - meaning, helping us unload was not his job but he was kind enough to help. The room was very clean. We loved the free breakfast (it's buffet style with a lot of different food options- PLEASE tip the servers/table cleaners). We also loved the pool - there were many days that it was just me and my son there - which I kinda liked :) It is about a 6 minute Interstate drive to the Space Center and you can be just about anywhere (eating, playing, shopping, etc.) in less than 15 mins. We really enjoyed the stay and ALL of the Nice employees. Including Eric and Christina on night shift. Honestly, I did not encounter 1 rude/unhappy employee during our stay. Thank you Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville for a great little getaway!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ManagerBWP, Manager at Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Space Camp is such a great offering of the area and I am so glad that your family chose to stay with us while you were here. I appreciate very much that you mentioned Bill, Christina, and Eric by name. I always tell them that if a guest remembers their name, they are doing something right. I know that they look for ways to help and I will make sure that their service is recognized.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy the pool area. I think it is a wonderful courtyard area and the layout allows for a nice level of privacy. We have a lot of corporate travel that makes the pool area a quiet place to be during the week.

Thank you for your comments about our breakfast. We are making changes to the breakfast buffet layout and I think you will see an improvement when you come back. Please let me know how I might serve you in the future.

256-772-7170
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

we HAD to stay here for our soccer tournament and the washer and dryers (2) for the entire hotel did not work. The manager got tired of having to come upstairs and reset them, so she put an out of order sign on them. Our team alone rented 18 rooms (not to mention the other clubs that were forced to stay here) that makes for alot of teanage boys smelly uniforms that need to be washed. The receptionist was very RUDE and told me to go to the laundrymat. The manager did call and offered me a dollar to try the washer. I found them to be lazy and overall unhelpful. I will be calling the US youth soccer association and recomending they find altenate accomedations for next year. It would have been so easy for the manager to call a repair man in on Friday or Saturday instead of waiting until Tuesday for the handiman to come in to work.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Missy,

Thank you for speaking with me on the phone after your stay about your experience. We are deeply apologetic about the problems that occurred during your stay. We take our service standards very seriously and wish that we had done a better job serving your soccer team.

I hope that you were able to enjoy the certificate that I sent for dinner as a token of our apologies. We have traced the washer and dryer issues to a water cutoff problem and have since gotten them operational.

If I might serve you in any way, please feel free to contact me.

256-772-7170
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#8 of 53 in Huntsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area

Been to Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel? Share your experiences!