“Great stay at a very family friendly hotel”

Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Family of four stayed here prior to a day at the Rocket and Space Center. We were also passing through. I got a deal on Hotwire. We were very pleased with our stay. Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, quick check in, large room with microwave and fridge, easy to use and functional climate control thermostat, very nice outdoor pool with lots of seating - deep and shallow ends are large for an outdoor hotel pool, smallish bathroom but great water pressure, comfy beds and pillows, room was quiet despite being on first floor and near back door, way above average breakfast buffet ( although could have used toast or English muffins but now I'm being picky). I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through the area or staying a few days ( I think it's in a convenient location given it's proximity to the highway and being off a major road). And did I mention the staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013
ManagerBWP, Manager at Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Mike,

I am so glad that you were able to spend some time at our hotel while you were visiting the Space Center. I have always thought that our pool was a hidden gem and it is great to hear when a family has gotten to enjoy it. Thank you for your kind comments about our team. I will be sure to pass along your experience with them.

Since your stay, we have upgraded our breakfast and added a toaster, breakfast breads, and a waffle maker. I hope that you stop by again to check out our new breakfast.

Again, thank you for sharing with us your experience. Please let me know how I can help you in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel. This is an older property that has been remodeled and we found it to have beautiful décor in the lobby and common areas, and nice appointments in our guest room. Most of all, we found the staff to be extremely friendly and accommodating, from the front desk staff, to the housekeepers and restaurant personnel. The quality of the complimentary breakfast was well above most offered in other hotels. We highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Rosemary,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am so pleased that you were satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your comments about our employees. We have meetings daily with our team and we all get excited to hear how we are doing. We have recently upgraded our breakfast and I am glad that you were able to enjoy the new items that we offer.

I hope that you will stay with us again while traveling to Huntsville or Madison. If I might help you in any way, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me and my 2 boys stayed for a week (my oldest son went to Space Camp). When we first arrived an employee OFFERED to help us unload the car (without prompting). Of course, I was happy to have his assistance and this was a great first impression. I later found out that "Bill" was in housekeeping - meaning, helping us unload was not his job but he was kind enough to help. The room was very clean. We loved the free breakfast (it's buffet style with a lot of different food options- PLEASE tip the servers/table cleaners). We also loved the pool - there were many days that it was just me and my son there - which I kinda liked :) It is about a 6 minute Interstate drive to the Space Center and you can be just about anywhere (eating, playing, shopping, etc.) in less than 15 mins. We really enjoyed the stay and ALL of the Nice employees. Including Eric and Christina on night shift. Honestly, I did not encounter 1 rude/unhappy employee during our stay. Thank you Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville for a great little getaway!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ManagerBWP, Manager at Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Space Camp is such a great offering of the area and I am so glad that your family chose to stay with us while you were here. I appreciate very much that you mentioned Bill, Christina, and Eric by name. I always tell them that if a guest remembers their name, they are doing something right. I know that they look for ways to help and I will make sure that their service is recognized.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy the pool area. I think it is a wonderful courtyard area and the layout allows for a nice level of privacy. We have a lot of corporate travel that makes the pool area a quiet place to be during the week.

Thank you for your comments about our breakfast. We are making changes to the breakfast buffet layout and I think you will see an improvement when you come back. Please let me know how I might serve you in the future.

256-772-7170

Reviewed June 8, 2013

we HAD to stay here for our soccer tournament and the washer and dryers (2) for the entire hotel did not work. The manager got tired of having to come upstairs and reset them, so she put an out of order sign on them. Our team alone rented 18 rooms (not to mention the other clubs that were forced to stay here) that makes for alot of teanage boys smelly uniforms that need to be washed. The receptionist was very RUDE and told me to go to the laundrymat. The manager did call and offered me a dollar to try the washer. I found them to be lazy and overall unhelpful. I will be calling the US youth soccer association and recomending they find altenate accomedations for next year. It would have been so easy for the manager to call a repair man in on Friday or Saturday instead of waiting until Tuesday for the handiman to come in to work.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Missy,

Thank you for speaking with me on the phone after your stay about your experience. We are deeply apologetic about the problems that occurred during your stay. We take our service standards very seriously and wish that we had done a better job serving your soccer team.

I hope that you were able to enjoy the certificate that I sent for dinner as a token of our apologies. We have traced the washer and dryer issues to a water cutoff problem and have since gotten them operational.

If I might serve you in any way, please feel free to contact me.

256-772-7170

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I booked 18 rooms for 4 nights at this hotel in late April for the support staff I brought to the area. My hotel contact point was Beth, who is a customer service dynamo who went the extras mile to make our visit enjoyable. One morning that we had to depart the hotel before the breakfast service began, so she had "to go" breakfasts prepared for us. Even more important than breakfast, was the note slipped under the door when some hazardous weather was predicted for the area indicating where the "safe" area of the hotel was located. I could only wish my stay was part of "Undercover Boss" so that senior staff of Best Western could see how well this hotel is being operated.

In previous visits my group stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown and the Marriott and all agreed that the this would be their preferred hotel in 2014.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ManagerBWP, General Manager at Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the TripAdvisor survey on our hotel. We definitely appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve your group and your kind comments about our facilities. We are truly blessed with the team members that we have and are so happy to have conveyed a true heart of service.

I am happy to hear that we will be your choice in the future. If I might help you in any way, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Clean room, pleasant stay. Quiet. Gym has 2 treadmills, an elliptical, and a bike, but I ran outside and although it's a commercial area, I was able to run an hour without any traffic or other issues. Breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer B
ManagerBWP, General Manager at Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I appreciate your comments about Best Western Plus Madison - Huntsville Hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are located in a quiet area and it is easy to get to a place to walk or run. We do offer complimentary access to a local gym that is open 24 hours a day if you are interested in this service on your next visit.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and completing the TripAdvisor survey. I hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in the area. Please feel free to contact me if I might be of service to you at any time.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The rooms were decent size and clean. The hot breakfast was good enough that you didn't have to got out to eat. High speed internet was fast. We had 8 rooms and they put all of them together close enough to socialize.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at Best Western Plus Madison - Huntsville Hotel and taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy the breakfast while you were visiting. We appreciate you sharing your experience with our internet and are happy that you were pleased with it.

Again, we appreciate your entire group staying here. We were happy to serve you and hope to have the opportunity again. If I might assist you in any way, please feel free to contact me.

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#9 of 53 in Huntsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville / Research Park Area

Been to Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel? Share your experiences!