Baymont Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport/Madison
$75
$59
$52
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewscracker barrelanother storyminimal noisenice quiet locationworked greathealthy choicesworking ordernice place to stayeggswould stay againgulf shoresroom was largegreat roomhuntsville airporteasy accessclose to the airportfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2013

BAD NEWS: I called this Inn directly several weeks before my arrival to reserve connecting rooms. The clerk said she would reserve specific rooms for me (which they normally do not do) just to make sure I got connecting rooms. When I arrived I was given one room. I asked about my other room and was told there was no record of it. Finally after some searching the clerk decided someone had already checked me into my other room before my arrival only it was not a connecting room. The clerk changed things around so I did get my connecting rooms. She said she would go right up to make sure no one was in my connecting rooms. Unfortunately another guest arrived so she had to take care of him leaving me to find out for myself that both rooms were indeed unoccupied. I could get past all of this since the issues were all resolved to my satisfaction if it had not been for the way the clerk was dressed. She was wearing a blouse that showed way too much cleavage. I'm not talking about a little cleavage but a LOT. This was her own blouse--not a uniform or hotel issued shirt. I found this totally inappropriate for a business setting. I thought perhaps this was an isolated incident and, while regrettable, hopefully she would make a better wardrobe decision in the future. When I checked out the next morning there was a different clerk. Unbelievably her top showed even more cleavage. I think the management needs to issue these young women some polo shirts with orders to keep all the buttons buttoned.
GOOD NEWS: The Inn itself is beautiful and clean. My double room was slightly smaller than most double rooms (almost no space on the outside of the beds to get in or out so both people are likely to get out in between the beds where the night stand is so don't fall over each others' slippers). Other than that the room was wonderful: comfortable beds, nice flat screen TV, refrigerator & microwave, and a fully enclosed bathroom. There is only one elevator but it is very nice. The breakfast on a Saturday morning was pretty lame--no eggs or bacon/sausage. The location is excellent with easy on/off to I-565, a Cracker Barrel next door, and multiple fast food places a half mile away. There is a train track across the street. When we were getting gas about 6 pm 2 doors down from the Inn, a train came by and blew its horn several times. It was quite loud. At about 8 pm in my room with the TV off, another train came by and I barely heard the horn. I was surprised it was so muted inside the building. If the TV had been on, I might not even have noticed it. The only plane I heard was about 6:30 am and it was not that loud.
I would happily stay here again if the management would institute a business dress code.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family