“Great food, & Ice coffee!”
Review of Saigon

Saigon
Ranked #17 of 185 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

A friend I work with told me about the place. I tried it once alone at lunch a have been back twice in 4 days. I love the clay pot meals. It's rice, veggies, n chicken baked inside of clay pots. Which is a lot healthier then habachi! I also love the ice coffee! It's delicious! I would recommend to anyone to try the place out!

1  Thank KY-2-AL

Reviewed September 29, 2012

A co-worker and I had training in Madison Al an stumbled into this gem. The food is fresh, flavorful exactly what you would expect for Vietnamese fare. They had an assortment of clear noodles soups that I have never seen in the Vietnamese restaurant back home, I'm wishing they did. These were delicious . The typical rice rice vermillion dishes are also on the menu and very good. We visited there 3 times in our first week. They were a little crowded Friday with several large groups. We were still out with in the hour. I'm sure we'll be back a few times next week before we leave.

1  Thank PJ S
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We frequesnt this restaurant at least 3-4 times monthly. The food is authentic and wonderfully prepared. The service is second to none...the place is surgical clean every time....Get the picture? Make a visit there soon! Oh, by the way, the meal pricing is spectacular!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Having spent a glorious month traveling and eating in Vietnam, I seek out a great Vietnamese restaurant in any city I'm spending more than a night in.

Thanks to the reviews of Saigon, my partner and I drove to Madison on a rainy Wednesday night to feed my craving for proper fresh rolls, clay pot rice and spicy noodles. And I was so glad we did!

The dining room is large and I understand is standing room only at lunch, but at 7 pm it was only one third full and many tables were occupied by Vietnamese, always a good sign!

Our food was fabulous, the service efficient, and a very good value. My only disappointment was that although there are posters on the walls proclaiming that "Saigon Serves Tiger"
no Tiger Beer was to be had. We settled for Kirin Ichiban.

We've been back several times, and my only regret is that there is no Water Spinach Sauteed with Garlic on the menu-something I came to love and grew nearly addicted to when I was in Vietnam.

Dim Sum on weekends and fortune cookies with your bill are curiously Chinese oddities, but what the heck! The food is great, the staff is friendly, and there is a good Asian grocery store in the same strip mall, so I can buy my own water spinach and supplies for making fresh spring rolls and Vietnamese coffee at home when we don't feel like making the drive to Madison!

1  Thank skyhag89
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My family loves this restaurant. The food, especially the clay pots, are so yummy. The service is good and the prices are reasonable. This isn't a fancy restaurant by any stretch, but if you are looking for great-tasting Vietnamese food, this place is the best in town.

1  Thank aubyrnefamily