“Great Vietnamese Fare Not To Be Missed”
Review of Saigon

Saigon
Ranked #22 of 185 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Great Vietnamese Fare Not To Be Missed”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Having spent a glorious month traveling and eating in Vietnam, I seek out a great Vietnamese restaurant in any city I'm spending more than a night in.

Thanks to the reviews of Saigon, my partner and I drove to Madison on a rainy Wednesday night to feed my craving for proper fresh rolls, clay pot rice and spicy noodles. And I was so glad we did!

The dining room is large and I understand is standing room only at lunch, but at 7 pm it was only one third full and many tables were occupied by Vietnamese, always a good sign!

Our food was fabulous, the service efficient, and a very good value. My only disappointment was that although there are posters on the walls proclaiming that "Saigon Serves Tiger"
no Tiger Beer was to be had. We settled for Kirin Ichiban.

We've been back several times, and my only regret is that there is no Water Spinach Sauteed with Garlic on the menu-something I came to love and grew nearly addicted to when I was in Vietnam.

Dim Sum on weekends and fortune cookies with your bill are curiously Chinese oddities, but what the heck! The food is great, the staff is friendly, and there is a good Asian grocery store in the same strip mall, so I can buy my own water spinach and supplies for making fresh spring rolls and Vietnamese coffee at home when we don't feel like making the drive to Madison!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank skyhag89

Chattanooga, TN
“Excellent food and reasonable prices”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My family loves this restaurant. The food, especially the clay pots, are so yummy. The service is good and the prices are reasonable. This isn't a fancy restaurant by any stretch, but if you are looking for great-tasting Vietnamese food, this place is the best in town.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank aubyrnefamily
Nashville, TN
“Saigon - Great Vietnamese Soups”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This restaurant is terrific! The House Specialty Soup will blow your mind. It is a culinary masterpiece. The Pho soups are all amazing too. I bet everything on the menu is great, but I can't stop ordering the soup long enough to try anything else.

The service is also fantastic, super polite too. I love this place!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank LazloNashville
Hampton Cove, AL
“True Vietnamese”
Reviewed December 22, 2010

Excellent food and service. Noodle bowls my favorite. Never a bad meal here.

1 Thank jfehrenb
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“What a great place for lunch. I went successive days. Had the hot clay pot and the pho. Both were excellent.”
Reviewed August 3, 2008

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Saigon? Share your experiences!