“Great Steak”

Good for: Families with children
Gordo, Alabama
“Great Steak”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Ribeye steak and twice baked tater and salad and sweet tea. Good stuff!!!! We had a wait but it was good. Was there around 2 hours this is a very busy place we waited 45 mins before we where seated. So dont wait until you are starving before you go

1 Thank ElaineLambertGay

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Great Steak!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love this place! It's about an hour drive from where we live and we are more than happy to make it. We have taken several friends to eat here with us and they are hooked now. Everyone is so friendly and make you feel right at home. Mr Jim has his seafood brought in fresh every week and ages his steaks there. The crab claws and cheesesticks are good apps to order, although there is so much food you may not have room for it all. We always walk out with a "to-go box". I love love love the ribeye. The seasoning is perfect. As for the sides I like the stuffed potato but my husband likes the french fries (hand cut). Also they make a wonderful caramel cake.

• Visited December 2012
“One of the best steaks I've had”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

A friend of mine told me not too long ago about this place in Livingston (which is an hour away from us) that had the best steak he had ever tried. I thought to myself, there can't be a steak good enough to drive an hour for...I was WRONG!

We arrived around 6:30 and the place was already covered up with people. The wait was about 45-60 minutes but it was well worth it. I knew this had to be a special place because of the diversity of the people in the place already. You had families of 8-10 that were obviously very wealthy and then you had hunters still in their hunting gear.

I ordered the New York Strip and cooked it came out to the table thicker than steaks I have bought uncooked at the grocery store. The flavor was amazing and the juices that were coming out were just so full of flavor that you want to dip the steak in them before you put it in your mouth. I also was able to get a twice baked potato for my side, which is something you don't see often.

I've been told that their caramel cakes are amazing but after eating that steak, I don't see how anyone could have room for desert.

The building is very unassuming and the parking lot is just gravel and grass (which I think adds to the character of the establishment). Don't let this little gem fool you though, it's one of the best places to get a steak in West Alabama.

• Visited December 2012
Livingston, Alabama
“Good Food...a Little Pricey!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I was talked into the ribeye, and man it was tasty. It's hard to believe that you could wait 45 minutes to eat in Livingston, but people come from all around to enjoy the food. The prices are on the high side, but the portions are generous. Biggest downside to this steakhouse is the parking. This place does tons of business, but the parking situation is BAD. The lot is gravel/grass and people just start piling in. If they would pave and stripe the lot it would help tremendously. Service was good, and despite the huge crowd the kitchen banged out PERFECT steaks with no real delay. If you are a steak person I would suggest you put Diamond Jim's steaks to the test.

“Great steaks and great homemade desserts.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have always gotten the filet or ribeye steak with the loaded baked potato and salad. Their french fries are very good because they are fresh, hand cut. The special treat for me is getting their famous caramel cake. I recently tried the chocolate cake, and it was also wonderful. I think all the cakes are great really. They give you so much food that you can take some home and have another meal the next day.

Visited December 2012