“Great find!!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Leeds
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great find!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

When I hear the name "Best Western" I tend to think old, run down ect, but this was a great hotel! We were traveling and wanted to stop halfway to our destination which was Leeds, AL. There are only 5 hotels I could find in Leeds. After reading the reviews I picked this one because It was right off I-20 and it had good reviews! I was not disappointed!!!! The room was updated. Carpet was in great shape. Furniture was cute and in perfect condition. The towels were nice and thick. The bed was awesome!! The breakfast bar was good ie fruit, eggs, sausage patties, waffles, cereal, pastries, biscuits plus coffee, milk and juice choices. Last but not least the hotel as a whole was very clean. I could not find anything that I can complain about. I most definitely will stay here again!! The price was great too!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Destinbeaches

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sandusky, Ohio
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed at the Best Western, Leeds for one night (Thursday to Friday). Room was good sized. Furnishings were dated. A "REBATH" job was done in the bathroom. It looked OK. If you do stay here make sure you get a room NOT facing 1-20. Road noise was bad during the night. Morning Breakfast was a OK.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank radar78
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I have spent several nights in this hotel over the past few weeks as I have recently transferred to Birmingham. The hotel is fairly new and is very clean. The staff is great and goes out of their way to accomodate you. They even gave me a discount on Talladega weekend when a change in plans caused me to need my room for an extra night.

The breakfast is pretty good. It's not what you would get at breakfast buffet, but they do have bisquits, bagels, muffins, eggs, sausage, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, juice and coffee. Not great, but definitely better than many hotels.

It is in a great location and although it sits at the end of a dead end street, you have very easy access to I-20 (within about 2 minutes). There are several restaurants on the same street like: Milo's, Wendy's, Ruby Tuesday's, Cracker Barrel, Arby's and Waffle House. Walmart and several other restaurants are just across the interstate from the hotel.

The rooms that I have stayed in are very nice with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron and ironing board in each room. The laundry facilities are some of the cheapest and best machines I've ever seen in a hotel. They machines are $1 for each use and one cycle has dried my clothes each time I've used it, even when I had a few pairs of jeans in the same load. The hotel also has an indoor pool that is a nice luxury as well.

I highly recommend this hotel especially given the number of hotels that I see on a monthly basis. Very nice and clean and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Book the room online and use the Internet rate.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank dsimpson17
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2010

While on a motorcycle trip, we stayed two nights at this hotel because we wanted to be close to the Barber Sports Museum and Talladega Race Track. My complaints are (room 123): a large amount of black ants came out of a hole by the bathtub. There was only one person on duty at the hotel and he gave me a can of Ant Spray to use. After I sprayed I took the can back and he was on the phone and appeared to be talking something personal rather than business. I pointed to the can and left it on the counter. He called later that evening and asked if I had taken care of it and if I had returned the can. The second day I asked the maid to only do the beds and towels. We returned later and the towels were done but not the beds and the maids were gone for the day. The indoor pool was cold but the jacuzzi was okay. The bottom of the refrigerator had a tray on the bottom full of water, defrosting? Would I stay here again, no. Especially not for the price. The only good thing was the windows are very thick and you could not hear the interstate traffic.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank norme-ormond
NASC
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Very nice motel located within walking distance to several restaurants and fast food establishments. It is located off of the interstate but very quiet. The desk clerk, Winston, was friendly and efficient. We asked for a king room and were upraded to a king suite. Huge! The room was very, very clean and the beds were comfortable. There was also a microwave and fridge in the room. Didn't take advantage of the pool or hot tub but did check them out. Both appeared to be very clean. The complimentary breakfast was sufficient but nothing outstanding. We will stop again should we find ourselves going through Birmingham in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank outtagas
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I had reservations at this motel for over 8 months in anticipation of attending the first Indy Car Race at nearby Barbers Motorsports Park (a superb race track and museum). I made it through the Best Western website and had written confirmed reservations for a nonsmoking King Suite. When I called a day before departing to reconfirm, the receptiionist noted that the reservation was for a smoking room. I tried to correct this but was told that was the way it was as the motel was full. When I complained that I had written reservations in hand for months, Mark, the clerk, told me that he could not correct it.

Since both my wife and I have breathing problems in a smoky environment, I asked to speak to the manager, Glenda Jones, who said Best Western had made the mistake as that was the room reserved for me. I doubted the veracity of her excuse but she was unyielding and I told her to cancel my reservation and I would go find another motel down the interstate. Then she had the audacity to tell me I would have to pay for a night as the reservation called for 48 hour cancellation. (It did not, my BW reservation stated 4PM the day of arrival). When I tried to explain, she blamed it on BW. This was becoming very moronic so I called BW and they quickly corrected the problem and said Ms. Jones was in error and that they had opended a case file on the motel complaint.

Ms. Jones then called me and said she had just found a nonsmoking room for me. I told her I'd never stay at her motel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vbooks
Corrales, New Mexico
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We wanted to visit my mother in a senior facility and this was clearly the nicest hotel in the region. It was located right on the interstate, was nicely landscaped outside, had an indoor pool, a business room, a hot breakfast, and the room was well furnished with usual amenities. The owner and staff were friendly, polite, and helpful. There are several restaurants, fast food places, groceries and gas stations nearby.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NMGardener
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Leeds, AL
Comfort Suites Pell City
#2 of 5 in Pell City
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southeast
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park

Been to Best Western Plus Bass Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!