“April 2013 Beware! No changes will ever be made here!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Leeds / Birmingham
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Carpet turned my socks black, micro broken, outlets not functioning, tub black on bottom, linens stained and thread bare, bed sags horribly in middle, sheets don't fit, no coffee, weeds outside knee high, holes in wall, graffiti on back of bath door, entry door closed still could receive a sunday newspaper under it! Charged my credit card for whole stay the morning I was to arrive, sign in lobby says no returns of money for early check out. Well, that's because everyone would want to leave this place. They need the money to pay for their mercedes suv and BMW sedan you know!

DONT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Hampton Inn just around the corner
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed on Nascar weekend Oct 5th and 6th. We arrived appx 3pm or so. I entered the lobby to check in and I could hear someone in the "backroom" and after waiting appx 15 mins a lady finally came to the front desk. Once we got checked in I was impressed she honored the "on line" price I had mentioned when I reserved the room. She said they were in the process of cleaning of the room and it may be a few more minutes. We pull around to our room an they were just beginning to clean. One of the first things I notice in the cleaning cart was a can of Hot Shot Bug Killer, which could be one of two things, a preventive or they had a bug problem. The cleaning crew was very friendly,talkative and did make you feel welcome. We enter the room and find the clothes rack gone, no where to hang your clothes but over the back of the chair. There was fresh paint where the hanger used to be. The exterior of the window curtain was stained. Overall the room was decent however it needed some deep cleaning like the cob webs on the ceiling and the dirt on the window seal. The commode was somewhat loose from the floor and it was obvious someone had tried to recently repair it. As far as the complimentary items, all seem to be in order except for the half bottle of used shampoo. There were stains on the bottom side of the bed comforter that looked like someone had spilled a drink on it. The mattress was old and needed to be replaced because you could feel the springs in it. Due to no rooms being available in the area, due to it being race weekend, we decided to make the best of it. That evening we had used the complimentary plastic cups and threw away the half used bottle of shampoo. Thinking they would replace them the next day when they cleaned. Nope they didn't. They even took the ashtrays I asked for when we checked in so I had to go all the way to the office and get more the next day. They didn't even replace the plastic bag for the ice bucket. Oh yeah lets not forget the mini fridge, frozen at the top and not cold in the bottom. Didn't try the microwave.The only thing I can say good about the place was the staff was friendly and at least our room had new carpet in it. To me I think the people may have just taken it over or bought the place from the sinage in the lobby but maybe they should have done all the repairs/cleaning/restocking/replacing before they let people stay there. To me it would have made more sense to invest some money to do all this instead of losing money by losing business because of the conditions. If they deep cleaned, replaced the bedding and repaired I may stay there again. But until then I will probably go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed one night during the Barber Vintage Festival. Bed was terrible with springs poking out. Towels were thin and thread bare. I caught the cleaning lady and talked with her. She did a good job. This place needs some new carpet, bathe fixtures, curtains, mattresses, sheets, towels and extra staff that care. I can't believe that I paid over $100 for this dump.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Lost reservation but took the money! "All sold out" I think they oversold and took the money at 3x the regular rate. Now I have to find another room. No apology or anything! Didn't even get to the hotel but based on phone conversation would never go there!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Find another location to stay. Springs were coming up into mattress. Filthy floors. Rugs stained. find some other place to stay. High rates! Grass was knee high. We came in after dark. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Go the distance stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Look please just save your money & go somewhere else the health dept really needs to come out. The light above the sink KEPT blinking we was there a MONTH they never even attempted to look at it. The tub looked nasty. The room smelt so bad. The remote didnt work. The fridge didn't work. They did go & Buy us a 1/2 gallon of milk & lunch meat to replace what went bad on their part. Well............That's it I'll NEVER Stay here again & Hope people will read all the negative feed back about this location before staying there I wish I'd of saved my $980.00 I just hope & Pray they don't "Think" They can charge anymore to my credit card. IF any one knows the owner please e-mail me their number CP7976@aol.com

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Reserved a room for 3 nights online. Got there a night early, and checked in. The room smelled so badly of smoke, that I couldn't get a decent nights sleep. The mattress was worn out. One of the towels had a hole in it. Bathtub was filthy. The breakfast was virtually non-existent. Impossible to communicate with the family that runs the place. I called the reservation line to cancel the rest of my stay, and was told I would be charged for one more night. Best bet? Stay somewhere else. This place is a nasty dump.

Room Tip: Choose a different exit. Not 140.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo