“Great hotel”

Hampton Inn Birmingham / Leeds, AL
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was in the area on business and enjoyed my stay. Friendly staff, comfortable bed, no noise, clean room that was recently updated...very nice. Only complaint and it's minor was the internet. Too slow for VPN but worked for normal internet use.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Birmingham / Leeds, AL

Reviewed November 7, 2013

As always clean and quiet. I have stayed at this hotel before and I will stay here in the future. You can walk over to Bass Pro Shop and shop. Hampton's staff is always perfect. The only problem I have with this hotel, and most other brands is their energy saving system that turns the A/C to a preset temp after I go to sleep. Then the room becomes warmer and I always wake up because I'm hot. To all hotels change this! The customer is the king, and I need my sleep. Revamp this system please. Hampton and the Hilton brands are the only hotels that the sheets and pillowcases are always clean enough to stick your face in just like you would with your own pillow. Thanks, Frank West Commerce, GA.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank W
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Hampton Inn is the closest hotel to Barber Motorsports Park. I have stayed here several times and its always been a great experience. Friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Parking lot is well lighted at night. Easy access from I-20 just east of Birmingham.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to Barber Motorsports Park. I had a four-day weekend of being out in the sun watching my nephew race. After long days of being out in the sun you want somewhere to relax comfortably. I made the right choice by choosing the Hampton. I think it's worth mentioning that I am in a wheelchair. The accessible room was well thought out. The bathroom was large enough to maneuver in. I was very impressed with the accessibility. This was my first time staying at the Hampton Hotel in Leeds. I was extremely impressed with the facility and with the employees. From management to cleanup people everyone was very professional and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. Everything about this hotel was very nice. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Benjamin E
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Overall the hotel was very nice - breakfast was good and plentiful. Loved the table area to eat - very open. The room was nice, small but very clean and comfortable. Checking in was a hassle - they gave us keys that didn't work the room assigned - she re-keyed the keys and we found the room was occupied. Finally got keys to another room and it was a double queen instead of the king we requested. First we were told we requested a double and when we said no, we were then told they were full and couldn't change us. This left a bad taste in our mouth, but the rest of the stay ended up being very nice!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Overall very good+
Great location near the Barber Vintage Motorcycle Museum. Breakfast is good, Beds very comfy. This appears to be a new property and they are keeping it up well. Too lazy to use the fitness center so I can't comment. Printer linked computer was updating programs which blocked my ability to print out a shipping label. This was a minor issue. Good experience.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a very nice Hampton with a GREAT location if you are heading to Barber's Motorsport Park or the Bass Pro Shop. Both are basically right across the street. I will stay there again the next time I go to Barber.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale
Best Western Plus Bass Hotel & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Grandview
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Leeds

Been to Hampton Inn Birmingham / Leeds, AL? Share your experiences!