“New and clean property located directly next to Barber Motorsports Park” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Birmingham/Leeds

Hampton Inn Birmingham/Leeds
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 Rex Lake Road, I-20 Exit 140, Leeds, AL 35094   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Leeds
Des Moines, Iowa
“New and clean property located directly next to Barber Motorsports Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here with some friends while attending a Porsche Club driving event at Barber. The property is located directly across the street from the entrance to Barber making it incredibly convenient to hop back to your room if you need to throughout the day. The property has all of the recent Hampton Inn furnishings and is excellent condition. The property is very clean and well run with plenty of parking if you are hauling a race trailer. I will stay here again next time I'm attending an event at Barber.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Simpsonville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I'm a HH member and have stayed at dozens if not hundreds of Hampton Inn's (I used to be a Diamond member to give you some idea as to how frequently I stayed at Hilton brand hotels).
To start with, the hotel is very new and clean. The overall presentation of the hotel is excellent.
Check-in could have been a more pleasant experience. The girl that checked me in and was emotionless. She wasn't rude but wasn't friendly either.
The rooms are nice and clean but I wish the beds had other pillow options. All of the pillows were very soft and getting comfortable was difficult.
I requested firmer pillows but they didn't have any.
I stayed here for 3 days and ended up having to switch rooms the second day due to no hot water.
Once in the second room the hot water was fine.
I slept really poorly all 3 nights due to the pillows, which is certainly affecting my overall feeling about the hotel.
They had cheese omelets and bacon on the first day. They weren't great but they were okay. The second day they had scrambled eggs and sausage patties. The scrambled eggs were some of the worst I've ever had. They were completely dry.
If you don't mind soft pillows or a poor to average free breakfast then this hotel is fine.

• Stayed December 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hampton Inns are by far my favorite hotel, and this one is up to the standards. Nice, clean room with that heavenly Hampton bed. We called to let them know we'd be arriving very late (2:30 a.m.), and the clerk just handed us the keys when we arrived. Very nice not to have to go through a lot of paperwork when the family is tired. Asked for late checkout and she gladly told us we could check out anytime. We missed the breakfast (of course), but we checked out at 1 without a problem. Decent shower, which is hard to find.

Room Tip: For more quiet, I always ask for top floor rooms away from the elevator. Hotel was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

This Hampton is a little out of the way but it is worth it to find it. About half a mile off of I 20. Just up the street from Barber Motorsports and Bass Pro Shop. All I can say about the hotel is "5 stars all the way". Stay here, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I used the HHonors online reservation system to pre-purchase a King suite. The morning I was scheduled to arrive, I received a call telling me that the room I had purchased was "out of order", and asked If I would accept a smaller room. When I arrived at the property, I was told that the room I had paid for was not available due to overbooking. The net result was that I got a smaller room, no credit for the difference, an indifferent desk clerk, and not even a bottle of water in the room (which should be standard for an HHonors member). No apology, no credit for the room reduction after I had pre-paid to lock down the reservation - are you kidding me? If I fully paid for the room a month in advance, how could anyone think it's OK to give that room to someone else due to overbooking? The fluorescent "eggs" at the breakfast buffet just added a bit of really bad comedy to an already really bad experience....

Room Tip: Don't pre-pay - they won't honor it anyway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Single night stay, fairly newer property, clean, comfortable and right en route to B-Ham.

King bed on first floor, nice fresh smell, layout was perfect, lighting was dim but otherwise just perfect.

Gym was great, pool was outdoors and too cold to swim. Plenty of parking, breakfast was typical.

Staff was nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
INDIANAPOLIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family and I checked out of the Bates Roach Hotel, also known as Days Inn; Leeds, AL. We checked into this hotel to continue our stay in Birmingham, and was VERY pleased! The staff was EXCELLENT! They were very attentive, helpful, and extremely pleasant! We were traveling for a funeral, and emotions were high....but they made our trip comfortable, and we were able to relax! The rooms were spacious, and the decor was very contemporary, clean, and inviting! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone passing through, or staying for an extended period of time! There is a new outlet mall 5 minutes away from the hotel! It's right off the highway, which was very convenient! This is where I will stay each time I'm in the area! Thanks to all the staff that helped us feel at home!

Room Tip: Handicap Accessible rooms are perfect for anyone traveling and in need of those accommodations!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Airport Area
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bass Hotel & Suites
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham SE
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Birmingham/Leeds? Share your experiences!