“Gave it another chance”

El Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Lanett
“Gave it another chance”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I really like the people here, and the atmosphere, so decided to give it two more chances in July.

The blue margaritas are awesome. The chips and salsa are really good.
The ground beef, regardless of the dish, is terrible...tastes like it had dishwater poured over it prior to serving. Absolutely couldn't eat the beef.
The cheesecake burrito is really good. Quite the mixed bag as far as food goes.

Service used to be better. The people are friendly and smile, but there's very little follow-up once you are seated. Takes far to long to get the ticket to the table after meal is completed...both of these visits we had to go to the cashier station before receiving the ticket. Price is higher than competitors. I really want to like this place...

• Visited July 2013

Opelika, Alabama
“Good Atmosphere but Missing Good Food”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I would not recommend visiting this location. The food has little to know seasoning. I ordered a taco and the ground beef was dripping with water. This was consistant for all in my party. The quesadilla I had was bland. This location has a very good atmosphere especially for large parties. Taco Bell has better food in my opinion. Service is fast and accurate though.

“Used to be good”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm not sure what happened to this place. Used to be decent food with good service, and reasonable prices. Now, it's cheap, the food is one step above terrible, and service is a crap-shoot. Sometime last summer it seems like they decided that quantity of food delivered to the table is more important than quality of food. We won't be back for a very long time, if ever.

• Visited January 2013
“Used to be my favorite”
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I really hate to write bad reviews. I didn't base this off of 1 bad experience or a busy night. It was our fav place but the last 2 times we went the food wasn't good and the last time the server never came back to our table... :(

Lanett, Alabama
“GREAT Mexican Food”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The food is always GREAT & so is the atmosphere. Love to eat @ El Rio Grande. I know the owners personally & they always take good care of their customers. Eat there every change I get.

Visited July 2012