“Raw Chicken”

Cuisines: American
Valley, Alabama
“Raw Chicken”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I really wanted to like this place. I am a local and want to support local businesses and thought this place looked promising. So, I took my family there for lunch. Things started out fine. The owner was really friendly and we were seated immediately.

The first bad sign was the dirty menu. But, we proceeded to order anyway. My children ordered fried chicken strips. And, I ordered shrimp. The food arrived pretty quickly and my children started eating. I noticed my son making a funny face as he was chewing his chicken. I asked him what was wrong. Too my horror, I saw he had eaten most of a RAW piece of chicken! I checked the rest of the chicken, and sure enough it was raw. It was so raw that it was like jelly.

I called the owner over and he apologized and took the chicken away. He brought a new plate of chicken but my son no longer had an appetite. And, quite frankly, I didn't want my kids to touch the food after the raw meat was discovered.

My shrimp was not good either. It was tough and stringy. I ate two pieces and was done as it appeared the shrimp had not been properly "de-turded". Sorry, I don't know how else to put it.

It's a real shame because the concept has promise. But, I am guessing the owners are retirees "trying out the restaurant" business. But, they don't seem to have clue about what they are doing. I know the cook has no idea what he is doing. Obviously, they have the grease way too hot and it crisps the outside batter of fried food very fast, leaving the meat raw on the inside - rookie cooking at its worst.

Again, very nice people. I hate to post such a review. But, serving raw chicken to my kids is unacceptable and dangerous! I won't go back there again.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank CaptainSemo

LaGrange, Georgia
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Wonderful, fun restaurant at South Harbor Marina. This was our first visit, and we received a warm welcome the second we arrived. The food was very good--Caribbean influence, and the owner's own recipes from his travels through the years. Seafood was fresh and from the Gulf. Prices were very reasonable. Loved the lakeside atmosphere. So relaxed, good live music both inside and outside, they even had games you could play outside to keep you entertained. It is a bit out of the way, but easily worth the effort to get there. I am so glad we gave it a try, and I'm looking forward to many more visits!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank DixieTraveler

Been to The Fractured Flamingo? Share your experiences!