“Amazing meal!”

Jasper, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing meal!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Our meal consisted of pre-dinner cocktails, dinner, and dessert and all aspects of the meal were amazing. I had a raspberry martini, which was the bomb, and our table ordered a variety of seafood, chicken and salad and all entrees were very tasty and the presentation was wonderful. The restaurant was clean and cozy, but not cozy in a bad way. It was a fun atmosphere and the service was very good. The menu offers a variety of options to fit any budget. I will return often I hope.

1 Thank Tammy M

Hoover, AL
“The Best!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have literally had the best meals of my life at this restaurant. We make reservations each year for Valentine's Day....and throughout the year as well. This year did not disappoint. We had two appetizers of Scallops (the BEST!) and smoked salmon dip. My husband had a lobster shrimp pasta and I had beef medallions. We finished with a blackberry cobbler. Their menu is always changing and they only serve what is fresh and seasonal. Of course this is the best restaurant in Jasper, but you cannot find better food in Birmingham. Jasper is lucky to have such a great restaurant!

1 Thank bamatravel
Oakman, Alabama, United States
“Culinary goodness with a side of heaven”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I am a very picky eater and find myself being let down at many high end restaurants. At this restaurant lunch is set at a reasonable price. There a seasonable items that are added such as scallops, shrimp, and different fish. In the winter more hearty soups are added. When I first started eating off the menu I started with the tilapia, okra, and shoe string fries. By the way simply delicious and filling at lunch time. I tried more dishes as time has gone on mainly because I began to trust their craft. First time in my life I tried frog legs, several different styles of gumbos, potato and leak soup, and every vegetable they attempt to make. I would spend my money here way before I would go to birmingham, because at times their food has more flavor. Making reservations is a treat at night because you know their dinner menu is just as special as their lunch menu. Think eating a steak without needed sauce...omg it's a miracle. A special treat is on nights they might have a strawberry moonshine, by the way, it is legal and delicious. Just trying this restaurant once will get you hooked. My all time favorite is the shrimp and grits. Just think I started with a simple fish dish.

Jasper, Alabama
“Hands down the best food around!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We are so lucky to have such a unique restaurant, The owners and staff are great but the food is amazing!! My husband and I both agree (and this is rare) they have the best steak we've ever eaten...anywhere!! Never left disappointed.

winfield, al
“Food so good you'll never forget it!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We tried Black Rock Bistro the first time a few weeks ago. We are from a small town and this area isn't known for the best quality gourmet food (or any gourmet food for that matter). We usually have to drive to Tuscaloosa or Birmingham for a meal of this quality. This meal, from start to finish, was one of the best we've ever had. We regularly order filets at fine dining establishments but were totally blown away by their filet mignon. It was served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. My husband had the grilled flounder served with a southern fried potato mixture that completed the fish perfectly. The fried green tomatoes are better than my mama ever thought about making and their cheesecake was perfection. For the quality food you get, the price is very reasonable. We had 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts, and wine for around $80. Unheard of. Black Rock is THE PLACE to go if you want high end food without the hour's drive to the city.

1 Thank beachbumcatlover

Been to Black Rock Bistro? Share your experiences!