“Vist”

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 29, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The check-in experience was very fast and efficient. The clerk was so helpful, even to the point of moving her vehicle so we would have a place to park. Location is close to restaurants and shopping. The hotel is not five-star or fancy, but comfortable enough for a restful night, and a good hot breakfast. I would definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My parents and I stayed at this hotel only to wake up to our U-Haul broken into! There was no parking in front so the person at the front desk asked us to park out back. Which we thought would be fine considering our room was right there. When we got up to leave in the morning our pad lock had been cut, my laptop, backpack with all my brand new textbooks and a few other items had all been stole. Once the officer showed up we found out that earlier that morning another person at that same hotel had their truck broke into. When the officer was talking to us a man walked up to ask what had happened. Come to find out his car had been ransacked as well. ALL OF THIS IN ONE NIGHT, AND NO SECURITY CAMERAS! On top of that, the room itself was gross! First thing I told my dad when my mom was checking us in was, "I have a bad feeling about this place...GHETTO!" My dad agreed. Guess we should have gone with our gut feeling. Learn from our mistake, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I were on a weekend get away and decided to try this Super 8. I will NEVER stay there again. First off the room had an strong Lysol smell....but it sure was not from cleaning. As you walked in the door ther was a huge place in the ceiling that was water damaged. There was a six inch gap at the bottom of the door frame. There were Cobwebs all over the walls and ceilings.No bugs but just has not been cleaned in a long time. I could get over that part...but what was the worst for me was the bathroom sink. There was sooooo much toothpaste from other people on the faucet and backsplash. It was sooooo gross. I have done alot of traveling and I can say by far that this was the WORST room I have ever been in. Also shortly after we got there a man came into our room from house keeping I guess and brought more pillows. He did not speak any English at all and I showed him the bathroom and he just shrugged his shoulders. The only thing that I will say good was that the bed was clean and very comfortable. Stay Clear of this place People!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaineMum92
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 5 weekends over the last 6 months. For $60 a night the room is great. Nice bedding and very clean. It is an old building with definite restoration. However, the last 3 times that I stayed there, the cleaning people have entered the room without knocking and with the DO NOT DISTURB sign hanging from the outside handle. One of the people that entered was a male and had no cleaning supplies what so ever. Why was he coming in my room? He just unlocked it and opened the door. Now I tell them when I check in that I do not want my room cleaned until after I leave. They still come into my room.(CREEPY AND WEIRD) The employees are always rude and short with me and my fiance. I do not feel comfortable leaving my laptop and other valuables in the room while I am not there. There are a bunch of mischievous / trashy looking people that are always staying there. I do not feel safe leaving my fiance there at the room by herself. Loud noises at night in surrounding rooms / breezeway.

Room Tip: For $60 a night it is great, but be sure to bring your pistol for protection.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I have frequented this hotel several time in the past 6 months every two weeks for three days at a time to visit my boyfriend who works up in Jasper ! I live in Florida and could find better place to rest my head on Cervantes street which many locals know is well know for gangs, prostitutes and ,crack heads!! The room service is great and to be honest I would chose the super 8 over travel inn any day of the week but my main problem is the manager Gloria reed talking to her is like wiping your behind with a cheese grater or is equal to a Tabasco enema very unprofessional

• Stayed: June 2012