“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!”
Review of Super 8 Jasper

Super 8 Jasper
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My parents and I stayed at this hotel only to wake up to our U-Haul broken into! There was no parking in front so the person at the front desk asked us to park out back. Which we thought would be fine considering our room was right there. When we got up to leave in the morning our pad lock had been cut, my laptop, backpack with all my brand new textbooks and a few other items had all been stole. Once the officer showed up we found out that earlier that morning another person at that same hotel had their truck broke into. When the officer was talking to us a man walked up to ask what had happened. Come to find out his car had been ransacked as well. ALL OF THIS IN ONE NIGHT, AND NO SECURITY CAMERAS! On top of that, the room itself was gross! First thing I told my dad when my mom was checking us in was, "I have a bad feeling about this place...GHETTO!" My dad agreed. Guess we should have gone with our gut feeling. Learn from our mistake, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I were on a weekend get away and decided to try this Super 8. I will NEVER stay there again. First off the room had an strong Lysol smell....but it sure was not from cleaning. As you walked in the door ther was a huge place in the ceiling that was water damaged. There was a six inch gap at the bottom of the door frame. There were Cobwebs all over the walls and ceilings.No bugs but just has not been cleaned in a long time. I could get over that part...but what was the worst for me was the bathroom sink. There was sooooo much toothpaste from other people on the faucet and backsplash. It was sooooo gross. I have done alot of traveling and I can say by far that this was the WORST room I have ever been in. Also shortly after we got there a man came into our room from house keeping I guess and brought more pillows. He did not speak any English at all and I showed him the bathroom and he just shrugged his shoulders. The only thing that I will say good was that the bed was clean and very comfortable. Stay Clear of this place People!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaineMum92
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 5 weekends over the last 6 months. For $60 a night the room is great. Nice bedding and very clean. It is an old building with definite restoration. However, the last 3 times that I stayed there, the cleaning people have entered the room without knocking and with the DO NOT DISTURB sign hanging from the outside handle. One of the people that entered was a male and had no cleaning supplies what so ever. Why was he coming in my room? He just unlocked it and opened the door. Now I tell them when I check in that I do not want my room cleaned until after I leave. They still come into my room.(CREEPY AND WEIRD) The employees are always rude and short with me and my fiance. I do not feel comfortable leaving my laptop and other valuables in the room while I am not there. There are a bunch of mischievous / trashy looking people that are always staying there. I do not feel safe leaving my fiance there at the room by herself. Loud noises at night in surrounding rooms / breezeway.

Room Tip: For $60 a night it is great, but be sure to bring your pistol for protection.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I have frequented this hotel several time in the past 6 months every two weeks for three days at a time to visit my boyfriend who works up in Jasper ! I live in Florida and could find better place to rest my head on Cervantes street which many locals know is well know for gangs, prostitutes and ,crack heads!! The room service is great and to be honest I would chose the super 8 over travel inn any day of the week but my main problem is the manager Gloria reed talking to her is like wiping your behind with a cheese grater or is equal to a Tabasco enema very unprofessional

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed March 20, 2012

It was late at night and we were tired and all we want was a clean safe room- not at this Super 8! We ask for a non smoking room, we walked into a smoking room, the people in the next room were yelling and the place smelled like urine in the hall and breezeways. We did not feel safe and I'm an ex cop.We had turned down the beds and tried to sleep and then decided to leave because the noise was to bad . We got up got dressed and I went back to the front desk ( about 10 to 15 mins.) I told the front desk clerk the reasons we were not staying, she offered to move us to another room; at checkin she had said it was the last non smoking room now all of a sudden there's another room, I don't think so. I was told their would be no charge wrong again. I had 1 hold on my credit card and 1 charge for the room. I called to get this taken care of I was told I was wrong for 5 mins. and then when she looked it up I was right. I was told to call back in the P.M. and talk to the Manager. I did call back, I was told that because I had turned the bed covers down I was being charged, I advised her if that what she wanted to do I would not drop this and I would call the better business bureau. I was then given a lecture on turning the beds covers down and NOT TO do it again and she would refund my money. I'm still waiting for that refund and the second hold on my credit card to come off. Stay away your car is cleaner and safer!

Room Tip: Stay away and look at the room before you check in.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gina S
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We were passing through the area on our way to Florida. It's an older hotel which is in pretty rough shape. You could tell they have reinvested some money in the place, but it has some structural issues. The beds were comfortable and had nice bedding, the bathroom had new faucets, the exhaust fan in the bathroom was the most amazing fan I've ever seen. It was old, loud, but no steam stayed in the room! There were some bugs, we had a couple spiders one one of the rooms, and a roach in the other room. There were some scarry people walking around, we didn't feel very safe. The continental breakfast was pretty good. They had several items to choose from, waffles, donuts, bagels, toast, cereal, eggs, etc. I'm not sure if we'll stay here again. i may spend the extra money and stay somewhere where I feel safe, that's clean and bug free.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We were just passing through and looking for a place for the night. It was our best choice for what was available. The bed was horrible, but the bathroom was newly renovated with granite top, new tub surround and nice tile floor. The room was clean, but the free continental breakfast was disgusting. It looked like a makeshift breakfast area and didn't look very clean. I couldn't eat anything and just preferred to leave.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family