“Not bad, not great”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
florida
“Not bad, not great”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We were just passing through and looking for a place for the night. It was our best choice for what was available. The bed was horrible, but the bathroom was newly renovated with granite top, new tub surround and nice tile floor. The room was clean, but the free continental breakfast was disgusting. It looked like a makeshift breakfast area and didn't look very clean. I couldn't eat anything and just preferred to leave.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank makes3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The worst night stay we have ever had anywhere. There was some sort of alarm that went off every half hour. Then at 5am we where awakened by Cops right out side our door screaming "Freeze put your hand's in the air or I'll shoot" followed by a huge thump on our door... then we heard cops running around and screams of "black guy, black guy" we had small children that we moved away from the window because we didn't know what could happen next. So needless to say I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank souixie1

Travelers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Cascade, Idaho
Reviewed March 17, 2011

On a cross country trip we lodged here one night. Good stay. No issues except it's goofy location. Had to call the motel for directions. They were most helpful after a long day.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pjt236
chicago, IL
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Arrived about 9pm, no reservation, looked to be fairly full because of a fishing tournament. The night clerk was very hospitable and accomodating, check in was quick.
The room decor was very nice, fancier than most Super 8s at which I've stayed.
The furnishings included 2 sitting chairs, microwave, mini-fridge, desk & chair. Everything was in good shape. Overall, the room was clean and well maintained. AC unit worked well. Bed was comfortable to me. Towels were new(er), soft and fluffy.

Location is somewhat off the beaten path. It is in town, along with other hotels...not on Hwy. 78, which is the main thoroughfare through that area (future I-22 according to signs posted along the way).

Super 8's web site states that there is truck/bus parking, usually that means there is a large parking lot. I only saw a curb-side space big enough for two large vehcles, but it was late night when I arrived, so *maybe* there was another area that I just didn't see.

A standard continental breakfast is available from 6-9am. It included a self-serve waffle maker. Donuts were fresh.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank xtreme_traveler727
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed May 9, 2009

If you find the Google Maps confusing (showing 2 different locations with the same address) you will find the written directions even more confusing. STAY ON HWY 78. DO NOT GET ON 118 COMING FROM MEMPHIS. CONTINUE ON 78 INTO JASPER. We found the room acceptable(?) AFTER we remade the bed. The king size lower full sheet was poorly tucked and required the guest to remake the bed or sleep on crumpled sheets and poorly fitting mattress pad. We found the room spacious enough and clean enough. A trucker parked his truck outside our room and left his refrigeration motor on until we called the front desk and complained. She seemed unconcerned and indicated nobody else had complained. I guess the problem is I like to sleep in motels.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lowerUStraveler
Dresden
Reviewed January 17, 2009

Cheap rate, poor maintenance, soiled furniture, not the maid's fault, internet did not work. Generally a clean motel. Decent breakfast.

• Liked — Nothing stands out
  • Disliked — non-working internet, toilet
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank newadvisor1
Traveler
Reviewed October 21, 2008

After not having read one complimentary review of this property it was with some trepidation that I checked in.
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms.
At $51.69 (including tax) I would say this was reasonbly priced.
All the reviews (from what I could see) are at least a couple of years old so I'm thinking they've made some improvements in the last couple of years.
The rooms are a decent size and were clean. The had many of the amenities that one would find in a more expensive property ie: microwave, fridge et al.
The breakfast is average for most Super 8s. Not a lot of variety but enough to get you going in the morning.
Unless I just happened to have got lucky and got a room that isn't the norm I would have to say I could recommend this property for most types of travellers.
Just as an aside...my paperwork mentioned that they don't take pets.

• Liked — That it wasn't as bad as i was expecting
  • Disliked — The bed
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Ozcfied