“Stay here...if you can find it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Jasper

Super 8 Jasper
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Cascade, Idaho
“Stay here...if you can find it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

On a cross country trip we lodged here one night. Good stay. No issues except it's goofy location. Had to call the motel for directions. They were most helpful after a long day.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pjt236

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

Arrived about 9pm, no reservation, looked to be fairly full because of a fishing tournament. The night clerk was very hospitable and accomodating, check in was quick.
The room decor was very nice, fancier than most Super 8s at which I've stayed.
The furnishings included 2 sitting chairs, microwave, mini-fridge, desk & chair. Everything was in good shape. Overall, the room was clean and well maintained. AC unit worked well. Bed was comfortable to me. Towels were new(er), soft and fluffy.

Location is somewhat off the beaten path. It is in town, along with other hotels...not on Hwy. 78, which is the main thoroughfare through that area (future I-22 according to signs posted along the way).

Super 8's web site states that there is truck/bus parking, usually that means there is a large parking lot. I only saw a curb-side space big enough for two large vehcles, but it was late night when I arrived, so *maybe* there was another area that I just didn't see.

A standard continental breakfast is available from 6-9am. It included a self-serve waffle maker. Donuts were fresh.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank xtreme_traveler727
Green Valley, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2009

If you find the Google Maps confusing (showing 2 different locations with the same address) you will find the written directions even more confusing. STAY ON HWY 78. DO NOT GET ON 118 COMING FROM MEMPHIS. CONTINUE ON 78 INTO JASPER. We found the room acceptable(?) AFTER we remade the bed. The king size lower full sheet was poorly tucked and required the guest to remake the bed or sleep on crumpled sheets and poorly fitting mattress pad. We found the room spacious enough and clean enough. A trucker parked his truck outside our room and left his refrigeration motor on until we called the front desk and complained. She seemed unconcerned and indicated nobody else had complained. I guess the problem is I like to sleep in motels.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lowerUStraveler

Travelers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Dresden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2009

Cheap rate, poor maintenance, soiled furniture, not the maid's fault, internet did not work. Generally a clean motel. Decent breakfast.

• Liked — Nothing stands out
  • Disliked — non-working internet, toilet
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank newadvisor1
Traveler
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2008

After not having read one complimentary review of this property it was with some trepidation that I checked in.
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms.
At $51.69 (including tax) I would say this was reasonbly priced.
All the reviews (from what I could see) are at least a couple of years old so I'm thinking they've made some improvements in the last couple of years.
The rooms are a decent size and were clean. The had many of the amenities that one would find in a more expensive property ie: microwave, fridge et al.
The breakfast is average for most Super 8s. Not a lot of variety but enough to get you going in the morning.
Unless I just happened to have got lucky and got a room that isn't the norm I would have to say I could recommend this property for most types of travellers.
Just as an aside...my paperwork mentioned that they don't take pets.

• Liked — That it wasn't as bad as i was expecting
  • Disliked — The bed
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Ozcfied
indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2006

We stayed one night at the Motel 8 in Jasper. Our room looked ok(but not as nice as other Motel 8's we have stayed in.) The bathroom had not been cleaned properly. The commode had yucky (?) stuff down the side of it. And and the seat was dirty . Also the ceiling had water stains. The walkways to the stairs were dirty and badly in need of paint. The headboard to the bed was broken off of our bed. A guy came to our door saying he was there to repair the headboard,but he was not employed by Motel 8. I told him to come back tomorrow after we checked out. We had also booked a room for my son, his wife and my daughter. They didnt see them until the next morning when they turned the light on-their room had roaches running every place!! I didnt see any in our room. Hopefully none of them took a ride home with us in our luggage. We have stayed in a lot of Motel 8's and this one is the worst we have ever seen. We will not stay in this Motel 8 again. I will say the staff was nice and there was plenty of hot water.

• Liked — shower had hot water and good pressure
  • Disliked — dirty bathroom and roaches
  • Tips/Secrets — take the elevator-those steps are tiring going to the 4th floor!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank jeep2000
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2005

There were actally many things wrong with this motel. I will not be able to go in-depth about everyhting. The room was filthy from the bathroom to the bed. the pool looked dirty. The staff was rude. The water was cold. The Soda machine was broken. The Walkways were filthy. The room was tiny, and the furniture is very very old and huge for the size of the room. We planned to stay for 3 nights and we tried to check out 2 day early and the would not allow us to do so. We checked out anyways. Have filed a complaint with my credit card company. We stayed next door at a fairly priced and CLEAN place. Enjoyed our stay in Jasper. And will be back for Christmas next year.

Stayed December 2005