Comfort Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Jasper)
View Hotel
All reviewsnew carpetthe breakfast areablackout curtainsroll in showeran overnight stayyogurteggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were in town for a friend's wedding, Fri. - Rehearsal/Sat. - Wedding, Dec. 21/22, 2012. We stayed overnight in Rm. 104. Orig. found reviews of another inn in Jasper had higher marks, but we weren't able to locate it, & once we saw the Holiday Inn Express, I remembered that it had had pretty decent reviews, so we went in to ck. things out 1st. The young woman behind the counter was very friendly & helpful. We asked for a non-smoking dbl. rm., & asked to ck. it out to make certain there was no smokey smell. The rm. was very clean & fresh smelling. We went back to the counter & told her we'd take it. We went to the Rehearsal, out to eat & then came bk. to the rm., carrying our left-overs. We were happy to learn that the rm. has not only the complimentary in-rm. small coffee maker, but it also has a sm. microwave & fridge. The t.v. is a nice, decent size flat screen w/a great picture. Loved the size of the sleeping area, as well as the bathrm.

The few things I would encourage them to change, would be adding black out curtains for those who don't like constant light streaming in on them, a.m. or p.m. (street lights). The lighting over the bathrm. mirror was o.k., but there was no addl. light over the shower & no vent fan. There were children staying directly above us & very early in the a.m., we were awakened by the constant sound of stomping feet, bk. & forth from one end of the rm. to the other.

I loved the design of the building with all the rms. being accessed only thru the interior of the hotel. It was much like the grand atrium on a cruise ship. There is a beautiful sitting area just beyond the ck. in/out counter, w/a fireplace. There is also a very nice dining area for the complimentary hot breakfast they serve.

Even though we found a few flaws, we would definitely recommend & stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beachbumvice
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is an average, but adequate, choice for lodging in the area. The property sits back off the highway, so external noise is not an issue. The rooms and public areas are in good shape. Breakfast offerings are typical and mediocre. Service is okay, although my used bathmat was taken and not replaced one day. There were newspapers available on only one of the three days of my stay.

Smoking rooms are available and located on the third floor, All the rooms front onto a central, open atrium. This allows smoke to flow throughout the building, however it was never so strong as to be a nuisance.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 167Traveler
Reviewed November 22, 2012

A few years ago we stayed at this hotel and it was fine. On October 23 we stopped and were told the only available room was a suite for $114. We were tired from travelling so we took it. Apparently their definition of a suite is to add an old sofa. The bathroom fixtures were showing a lot of wear, there was a dry cleaning piece of trash on the sofa and the whole room had an old, out-dated look. Those things wouldn't have been the end of the world (although at that price I expected better) but then I found a bug on the pillow! It was so late by then that I was just too tired to look for another hotel. I didn't sleep well from worrying that I'd feel a bug run across me. I told the woman at the front desk about everything and she took my phone number, saying someone would call me. No one ever did.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gardnerscreekgirl
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was traveling alone and felt safe at this hotel. The room was spotless and the staff was professional and helpful. There is a small fridge in the room. They serve breakfast but I didn't have time to try it. There were numerous dining and shopping options nearby.

Room Tip: If you plan to sleep a little later ask for a room away from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KellyCord
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here on Aug. 22, and was impressed by how clean the hotel was, after reading the reviews on this site. I booked through Hotwire and received a $70 rate, which was decent.
The check-in was smooth, with an older lady at desk, who was very nice. The room was clean, and accommodating. Room had large screen flat panel, and very comfortable bed, shower was good also. Stayed in Rm. 208, and would recommend for those staying in Jasper.
I travel a lot, and stayed in good, bad, and terrible hotels, and this was a good experience!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business