“The ribs, oh my.”

Cooter Brown's Rib Shack
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The ribs are great! We had the dry rub, not only were they tender and perfectly seasoned, they were huge! The onion rings were fabulous as well as the cooter cob. Great job gang and we will be back soon!

There are newer reviews for Cooter Brown's Rib Shack

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I can always depend on Cooter Brown's to be consistently good. The drinks are always strong, the food is always very good. I have had hamburgers, ribs (dry rub), and grilled chicken there. I was introduced to fried corn on the cob there, and I hate corn, and became a convert.

The environment is always festive, friendly, and cheerful. Let me reiterate the drinks are good, and they have great drink and food specials daily. When they are busy, be prepared to wait a little bit, but who cares, the vibes are so good there, it's just a great time.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went with coworkers for lunch today. The service was great, food arrived quickly and was exceptional. I had the pulled pork platter with fried okra and cole slaw..... Definitely will be a repeat customer.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had a HUGE ROACH fall from the ceiling & land in my Coke! It was just sitting there crawling on my ice! Had to wait for the waiter to come back upstairs to get a new Coke. He acted very nonchalant about it, like it was no big deal; said "The back door is open because our freezer is getting repaired, sometimes bugs come in". And got no compensation whatsoever.... I just feel like when something like that happens, I should at least get a free drink as an apology. They'll just do without my business.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Cooter Brown's is not much to look at, either inside or out, but the food makes up for it.

I think they have some of the best ribs that I have ever eaten.